At the recent E3 show in Los Angeles, we unveiled a new generation of games for Xbox One. Since the show, we’ve been incredibly excited to see the reaction to the games we showcased. The award nominations and awards have been pouring in and the teams are thrilled with the positive response to the games they’ve been working so hard on.
Last night, the “Games Critic’s Awards: Best of E3” nominations were announced and Xbox continued to be highlighted as a winning platform, with Xbox One and Xbox 360 leading all platform nominations. Xbox One and Microsoft’s exclusive titles received 11 nominations, the most of any game console. In addition to Xbox One being nominated for top console of the show, the Xbox exclusive game “Titanfall” became the most nominated game in E3 Games Critic’s Awards history ever, with six award nominations.
In addition, here are a few other trends we’ve seen to date:
- “Titanfall”, an Xbox platform exclusive, has been widely acclaimed as the big winner of E3 and remains the lead game across all platforms with 101 nominations and 54 wins, for global nominations and awards.
- Across US award nominations*, Xbox exclusive titles have received 168 nominations and 68 wins, more than any other next-generation platform’s exclusive lineup. Top title nominations and winning awards include:
- “Forza Motorsport 5” earned 24 nominations and 8 wins
- “Dead Rising 3” earned 17 nominations and 7 wins
- “Project Spark” earned 13 nominations and 4 wins
- “Ryse: Son of Rome” earned 11 nominations and 2 wins
We’re really excited to see the positive response to the Xbox One exclusive games line-up and we remain committed to making Xbox One the best place to play games – led by the biggest exclusives, new IP and blockbuster franchises that play best on Xbox – delivered via exclusive technology only available on Xbox One.
You can see highlights of the Xbox One games showcased at E3 here. For more information on the Xbox One games line-up, visit Xbox.com.
*Numbers above include awards and nominations from major U.S. media outlets, including IGN, Game Informer, Destructoid, Game Critic Awards and more.