There was intense excitement among the 5,000+ attendees of the Xbox briefing this morning at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, while millions more tuned in around the world. During the briefing, Microsoft Studios and the world’s most renowned publishers unveiled their blockbuster line-up of games for Xbox One, with more exclusive titles coming than any time in the history of Xbox. Showcasing a stunning lineup of titles designed to kick-start a new era of games and entertainment, Xbox showed why it will be the premier platform for the future of games when Xbox One launches in 21 markets this November.
“Microsoft Studios is committed to making Xbox One the best place to play games, with more titles in development and more exclusives coming than at any time in the history of Xbox,” said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president, Microsoft Studios. “With amazing games such as ‘Forza Motorsport 5,’ ‘Ryse: Son of Rome,’ ‘Dead Rising 3,’ ‘Titanfall,’ ‘Halo Xbox One,’ ‘Kinect Sports Rivals,’ ‘Project Spark’ and ‘Quantum Break,’ Xbox will continue to lead the industry with the biggest exclusives, new IP and blockbuster franchises that will delight gamers for the next decade and beyond.”
Spencer helped unveil an unprecedented lineup of world-premiere Xbox One games from innovative and celebrated studios, including 343 Industries, Crytek, Turn 10 Studios, Respawn Entertainment, Remedy, Kojima Productions, Capcom and Insomniac Games, along with support from nearly every major publisher in the industry. These developers showed how they’re leveraging the power and performance of Xbox One to deliver games that look and feel like nothing else — fueled by the power of Xbox One, the fidelity of the new Kinect and the power of the cloud in Xbox Live. A few examples include:
- “Ryse: Son of Rome,” from Crytek, is an epic action-adventure story that immerses you in the intensity of Roman warfare as you seek vengeance across the battlefields of ancient Rome. “Ryse: Son of Rome” extends the gameplay experience with Xbox SmartGlass and Game DVR and lets you call in legions of troops while in the heat of battle with the sound of your voice using Kinect.
- Turn 10 Studios unveiled the breathtaking visuals and adrenaline-filled action of “Forza Motorsport 5,” the next installment of the highest-rated racing franchise of the past 10 years. Designed for Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, “Forza Motorsport 5” features revolutionary Drivatar technology that learns how you and your friends drive, delivering real human behavior and an ever-evolving network of opponents always ready to race — even when they’re not online.
- “Dead Rising 3,” the next installment of Capcom’s massively popular zombie franchise coming exclusively to Xbox One lets you fight for survival in an immersive open world teeming with thousands of undead.
- “Project Spark”, from Team Dakota, is an open-world digital canvas enables anyone to build, play and share their own worlds, games and stories with millions of others online.
- “Sunset Overdrive”, a high-energy open-world shooter set in the not-so-distant future from Insomniac Games delivers an always-changing gameplay experience with an arsenal of explosive and overpowered weapons.
- Showcasing the caliber of support from the world’s biggest publishers, Electronic Arts also stunned the audience with the reveal of “Titanfall,” coming only to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
Spencer delighted gamers with the world premiere teaser trailer for “Halo Xbox One,” the next chapter of the award-winning Xbox franchise developed by 343 Industries, whose new journey begins in 2014.
Also during the E3 briefing, Chief Product Officer, Marc Whitten showed how Xbox One will offer you more immersive and tailored experiences, including a new level of cloud integration, expanded achievements, a richer SmartGlass experience, and a wide range of innovations coming to Xbox Live. You can read more about these innovations from Whitten in his blog post today.
Reserve your Xbox One Today
Details for Xbox One availability and the opportunity to reserve your Xbox One system today were also announced. Every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console — which features a 500GB hard drive,1 Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launch bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets.
Xbox is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans that reserve the system at major retailers. Reserving the commemorative bundle guarantees that you will be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement. The commemorative bundle will be available in limited quantities and while supplies last, for $499.99, €499 (EUR) or £429 (GBP), so reserve yours today.
Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, also available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:
- “Ryse: Son of Rome.” Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
- “Forza Motorsport 5.” Access to three cars tuned to the top of their class.
- “Kinect Sports Rivals.” Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
- “Dead Rising 3.” Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
To reserve your Xbox One system today, and for the full list of launch countries and prices, visit http://www.xbox.com for participating retailers.
To hear more from Spencer, you can view his E3 blog here. Keep following Xbox Wire for ongoing live reporting from E3.