Tonight at VGX 2013, the next generation of Spike TV’s annual Video Game Awards, the best games of 2013 – and of the future – were celebrated. Twelve awards were given to games that are available on Xbox platforms, showcasing why Xbox remains the best place to play games.
VGX 2013 award winners that are available on Xbox include:
- Most Anticipated Game – “Titanfall” (Electronic Arts/Respawn Entertainment)
- Game of the Year – “Grand Theft Auto V” (Rockstar Games/Rockstar North)
- Best Sports Game – “NBA 2K14” (2K Sports/Visual Concepts)
- Best Xbox Game – “Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons” (Starbreeze Studios)
- Best Driving Game – “Forza Motorsport 5” (Microsoft Studios/Turn 10 Studios)
- Best Action/Adventure Game – “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” (Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal)
- Best Fighting Game – “Injustice: Gods Among Us” (Warner Bros Interactive/NetherRealm Studios)
- Best Shooter – “BioShock Infinite” (2K Games/Irrational Games)
- Best Character – The Lutece Twins from “BioShock Infinite” (2K Games/Irrational Games)
- Best Soundtrack – “Grand Theft Auto V” (Rockstar Games/Rockstar North)
- Best Song in a Game – “Will the Circle be Unbroken” from “BioShock Infinite” (2K Games/Irrational Games)
- Best DLC – “Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon” (Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal)
Congratulations to all of the developers and publishers that won awards tonight, and thank you for another year of awesome games. Check out the full list of winners and watch highlights from the show at http://www.spike.com/vgx or via the GameTrailers Xbox Live app on Xbox 360.