Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries, in conjunction with Vanguard Games, is excited to announce Halo: Spartan Strike – an all-new Halo top-down shooter – coming to Windows 8 devices and Steam on December 12, 2014 as a digital download for $5.99 ERP 1.
Halo: Spartan Strike includes a compelling new story, improved touch controls, updated graphics and an all-new score from award-winning composer Tom Salta. In addition to weekly challenges where fans can take the top position in leaderboards to showcase their skills, playing Halo: Spartan Strike will earn Xbox achievements that unlocks content for the upcoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which will launch exclusively on Xbox One this November. 2
Set during the events of Halo 2, Halo: Spartan Strike tells a new chapter in the Halo universe. You play as a Spartan in a real-world, classified ONI simulation that starts on New Mombasa in 2552 and will take you through jungles, cities and more. Using your Spartan skills, an all-new arsenal of weapons, abilities and vehicles, including the iconic Warthog, you must lead UNSC troops through 30 challenging missions and prevent Earth from being overtaken by hordes of Covenant and Promethean enemies.
Halo: Spartan Strike delivers a full, epic adventure with thrilling battles and unparalleled visuals for mobile devices. No matter where you are or what platform you use, Halo: Spartan Strike will provide the definitive pick-up-and-play Halo experience to both experienced veterans and new recruits.
Some of the key features included in Halo: Spartan Strike are:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately).2
1 Windows 8/8.1 Phone and Windows 8/8.1. Steam versions sold separately. Estimated retail price. Actual retail prices may vary
2 Only available on Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 8/8.1