Xbox fans interested in what Xbox One will bring to Xbox Live heard many details today, with the promise of more to come at E3.
Xbox One is built to amplify a new generation of Xbox Live that’s more powerful, personal and intelligent. The virtually unlimited power of the cloud makes everything more convenient and accessible. You can install games in segments so that gameplay starts quickly and updates download silently in the background.
You can save and store your personalized profile, games and entertainment in the cloud to access them anytime, from any Xbox One console. And, existing Xbox Live Gold membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly carry over to Xbox One. If you already have a membership, you won’t need another one. Xbox Live takes you deeper into the games you love with all-new features.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Smart Match: A new Smart Match matchmaking system virtually eliminates waiting in lobbies by estimating wait times and finding people you want to play with while you’re enjoying other activities— your reputation matters and helps find best matches.
- Game DVR: A dedicated Game DVR captures and accesses your magic moments, all saved to the cloud. Along with editing and sharing tools, you will have amazing bragging rights with Xbox Live.
- Living Games: Dynamic, living worlds evolve and improve the more you play and advanced artificial intelligence can learn to play like you so friends can play against your shadow.
- Expanded Achievements: A new and expanded achievements system captures video of your epic moments, continues to grow a game’s achievements over time and rewards you in new ways, and Gamerscores carry over from Xbox 360.
- Xbox SmartGlass: Xbox SmartGlass is natively part of the Xbox One platform, built in from the beginning with the ability to quickly render content directly onto your device, and now more devices can connect at one time for multiplayer and shared entertainment.