Earlier today at the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing, we proudly premiered new [email protected] titles including Ashen, Ion and Tacoma as well as gave the latest peeks at eagerly awaited favorites such as Below, Beyond Eyes and Cuphead. After providing Xbox One development kits to more than 1,000 development studios, and with the recent expansion of [email protected] to Windows 10, independent games fans can look forward to even more exciting content soon.
If you missed the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing this morning, here is a quick rundown of some of the games shown on stage that are coming to Xbox One via [email protected], including several coming exclusively to Xbox One.
- Ashen by Aurora44 (Xbox console exclusive) – An action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. There is no sun and the natural light that exists comes from eruptions that cover the land in ash. Players can guide those they trust to their camp – together, you might just stand a chance.
- Cuphead by Studio MDHR (Xbox console exclusive) – A single player or co-op run and gun platformer, heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by 1930s cartoons, the visuals are hand drawn and inked and the music is all original jazz recordings.
- Tacoma by Fullbright (First on Xbox One and PC) – Discovery. Exploration. Isolation. What is life like 200,000 miles from Earth? Uncover the mysteries held by Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma and its crew, living at the edge of humanity’s reach. Tacoma, the next game from the creators of Gone Home.
- Beyond Eyes by Team17/tiger & squid (First on Xbox One and PC) – A modern fairy tale about finding courage and friendship. Step by step, uncover an incredible world, carefully guiding Rae, a young blind girl, on a life changing journey.
- The Flame in the Flood by The Molasses Flood (First on Xbox One) – A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. It will make its console debut on Xbox One.
- Superhot by Superhot (First to console on Xbox One) – A unique, stylish first-person shooter where time moves only when you move.
- Game Four by The Behemoth (First on Xbox One and PC) – Master the destiny of a full cast of tragically unique heroes as you plot a course across an apocalyptic wonderland! In this fast-paced, turn-based, co-op adventure set in the world of Castle Crashers you’ll quest and explore, find awesome loot, customize your fighters, and recruit strange species!
- Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition by Double Eleven/Coffee Stain (First to console on Xbox) – You no longer have to fantasize about being a zombie goat in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or a simulated goat in a simulated MMO, your dreams have finally come true!
Game Preview on Xbox One is a new way for our fans to purchase work-in-progress digital titles and participate in the development process by giving feedback to developers as they continue to update their games. We’re excited to bring it to Xbox One as a pilot program starting this week.
- ION by RocketWerkz (First on Xbox One and PC) – From the creator of DayZ and inspired by the cult favourite Space Station 13; ION is an emergent narrative massively-multiplayer online game in which players will build, live in and inevitably die in huge floating galactic constructions as humanity makes its first steps colonizing the universe. Technology from Improbable allows ION to have a massive interconnected universe with fully simulated environments such as power grids, air pressure and heat; all to help stave off the unending vacuum of space.
- The Long Dark by Hinterland Studio (First to console on Xbox One) – An immersive survival simulation set in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. Experience a unique first-person survival simulation that will force you to think and push you to your limits with its thought-provoking gameplay and mature storytelling.
- Sheltered by Unicube (First on Xbox One and PC) – Sheltered is a strategy game where you’re set the task of keeping your family alive in the cut-throat, desolate expanse that is the post-apocalyptic era. A father, a mother, a daughter and a son. Given a head-start over the billions lost in the nuclear holocaust, you start in an almost impenetrable underground fortress designed to keep a family alive and well.
- DayZ by Bohemia Interactive – DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can.
If you’re at E3 this week, be sure to swing by the Xbox booth for some of hottest indie games at the show, including Cuphead, Magnet: Cage Closed, The Long Dark, Sheltered, Flame in the Flood, Superhot, SMITE, Rivals of Aether, Below, Happy Dungeon, The Solus Project and Ark.
Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for previews and other Xbox One news all week! And be sure to keep an eye on our YouTube channel during this week and in the weeks ahead for all the trailers of the games coming from the [email protected] team.