From June 15 to June 23, The Coalition invited players to participate in an Open Beta for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Hundreds of thousands of you answered the call, logging over a million matches in a week. The most dedicated players played dozens of matches – one of you even finished over 500 games! From everyone here at The Coalition, thank you!
While we certainly hope you enjoyed your time in the Beta (and hopefully scored the multiplayer characters or one of the seven different weapon skins we awarded), we’d like to share some details on how you’ve helped improve Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for its launch next month.
Thanks to your feedback, the development team at The Coalition will implement the following fixes and improvements. Please note that this is just a summary, not an exhaustive list:
• Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
• Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
• Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
• King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
• Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim.
• Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
• Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
• Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
• Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
• Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
• Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition launches August 25, and you can look forward to all 19 maps, all of the original game modes (plus Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill) split-screen support, party support, LAN support, private matches on dedicated servers, and more.
For more stats on the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition beta, and more ways to speak directly with the team, visit us at gearsofwar.com.