We’re updating a few things on Xbox One that I wanted to share with you.
Later today everyone on Xbox One and the Xbox App on Windows 10 will have access to 12-person Party Chat. Garnering over 2200 votes on Xbox Feedback, we are expanding party chat to include 12 people. This feature is being enabled for all of our Xbox users – and the Xbox App on Windows 10 as well as those in the New Xbox One Experience Preview. (Note: There will be no visible update for your app or console, it’s all server side.)
If you are in the New Xbox One Experience Preview, you’ll be getting an update later today that adds a few new features:
- Party text chat adds more communication options. In the New Xbox One Experience, text chat joins voice chat as a way to communicate with your friends. At the bottom of the ‘Your Party’ page, you will see a button to ‘Show text chat.’ This will let you participate in the conversation. Party text chat will also come to the Beta Xbox App for Windows 10.
- A streamlined Game DVR experience. We have combined the functionality of the Game DVR snap app and the former Upload app into one easy-to-use app called Game DVR. In full screen mode, you can use this app to view your game clips and screenshot captures. When snapped, you can use Game DVR to start or stop recordings.
- New animated avatars. They are back and better than ever. You showed us that you are passionate about Avatars with many requests on Xbox Feedback. The new avatars will be animated on your profile and will start showing up in other new places in the new experience. If you prefer a gamerpic, you can easily switch your image.
- Updated menu for quick access to common actions. The menu button on your controller lets you pin an app or game to Home, launch a recently played game, or quit an app or game with just the touch of a button.
- Access new settings in the Guide. Adding to settings already included in the guide, like adjusting the headset volume, you can now turn your console off or restart your console directly from the Guide.
We hope you enjoy these new features and thanks for all the feedback.