Hello, Spartans – Bravo here. As many of you know, with Halo 5: Guardians we set out to continually transform the game, adding more content, maps, items, gameplay and overall Halo goodness long after launch. It’s easily the most extensive post-launch content plan for a Halo game ever, with free content releases like The Battle of Shadow and Light, The Cartographer’s Gift, Infinity’s Armory and, available today, Hammer Storm. For those keeping track, that’s 11 new maps, 12 new modes (including Big Team Battle and Forge) and more than 180 new REQ items – all completely free.
But as a famous Spartan once said, “I think we’re just getting started.” We aren’t done, not by a long shot. In fact, we actually want to share a sneak peek at some of the things you’ll be seeing in upcoming content releases. There will be even more new maps, modes, vehicles, weapons, and REQs – an insane plethora of content. In addition, we’ll continue to listen to all of the valuable feedback provided by you, and will use it to help inform the addition of new content, refine the gameplay, and address issues or concerns raised by our incredible community.
Among the vast array of new modes coming to Halo over the next several months is one that our fans have repeatedly asked us to deliver – Firefight. The new mode, called “Warzone Firefight”, will bring PvE to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer and let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!) That’s all we’ll say for now, but trust us, we can’t wait to tell you more about Warzone Firefight in the coming months.
And that brings us to the February content release for Halo 5: Guardians, officially dubbed Hammer Storm. Like our previous releases, the content will automatically download and install once you launch Halo 5: Guardians, with the complete portfolio of REQ content lighting up in the system throughout the day. Highlights of this release include:
- New game modes: Grifball, Assault and Fiesta. From the hammer-meets-sword sports sensation of Grifball, and weapon-roulette hilarity of Fiesta, to the fan-favorite Assault game type that’s been fully evolved for Halo 5: Guardians, Hammer Storm brings a brand new game mode to fit every flavor of Halo fan.
- New map Torque. An entirely new environment primed for battle, Torque is a large symmetrical map that caters to Capture the Flag and Assault game modes. The pistons in each courtyard can provide key gameplay for cover, traversal, and objective movement.
- New weapons change the game. The Gravity Hammer provides the proper tool for smashing enemies, and the Halo: CE Pistol brings back a legacy of single handed death-dealing. Be sure to watch for the classic headshot death animation when you deliver the killing blow!
- New REQ items. Hammer Storm contains a myriad of new REQs, including attachments for loadout weapons, weapon skins, armors, emblems, assassinations, visors, and stances.
- New possibilities with Forge. The new “ball” mechanic that powers the Assault and Grifball modes unlocks the potential for entirely new game types in Forge mode, not to mention paving the way for returning favorites like Oddball and Ricochet.
Head over to Halo Waypoint for a full run down of Hammer Storm content and stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more updates on Halo 5: Guardians.