It’s been a busy couple days with some exciting Gears of War 4 announcements, and as you can see from the brand new gameplay debuted today – we’re just getting started on what’s sure to be a memorable Comic-Con for Gears fans! For those who join us in the Xbox Booth at the San Diego Convention Center, the above demo is playable and lets fans get their first taste (and hands-on) with the Gears of War 4 campaign and its incredibly destructive windflares. This exclusive opportunity to play the Gears of War 4 sees JD, Del and Kait, joined by Marcus Fenix in their quest to rescue Reyna, Kait’s mom.
If you’re stopping by the convention or just looking for where to keep track of all the Gears goodness we’re unveiling this week, check out the handy list we’ve compiled below for all the events and featured products on display at San Diego Comic-Con in the Xbox Booth (#100) and at NERD HQ (The New Children’s Museum).
New Video Highlights the Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Xbox One S Bundle
Set to the musical styling’s of Run the Jewels’ “Blockbuster Night Part 1”, a brand new trailer hit this morning, showing the Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Xbox One S Bundle in all its glory. Designed in collaboration between The Coalition and the Xbox design team, the first-ever custom-designed Xbox One S bundle is made to look as if it were lifted right out of the game itself. From the laser-etched scratches, to the bloody thumbprint on the controller’s red metallic D-pad and the iconic Crimson Omen, the console and Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition bear the battle marks of a desperate fight against Gears of War 4’s new enemies – the Swarm. Available for $449 in select markets at launch, the Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Xbox One S Bundle is the ultimate Gears bundle and includes a number of digital bonuses. Check out our Xbox Wire post announcing the bundle for more details.
In addition to the slick custom designed Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Xbox One S Bundle, the all-new Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 JD Fenix Limited Edition is just as stylish. Sold separately, this custom designed Xbox Wireless Controller is modeled after JD Fenix’s armor and features metallic blue accents and textured grip for enhanced controls, as well as the COG logo – the Phoenix Omen.
SDCC PANEL: Gears of War 4: Creators, Characters and Cast
Thursday, July 21, 2:15pm-3:15pm – San Diego Convention Center Room 6BCF
Join The Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson, and voice actors Liam McIntyre (JD Fenix), Eugene Byrd (Del Walker), Laura Bailey (Kait Diaz) and of course – John DiMaggio who returns as legendary hero Marcus Fenix as they present a behind-the-scenes look at Gears of War 4, exploring the characters, and storytelling for the new saga in the acclaimed Gears franchise. The panel is moderated by Xbox’s Major Nelson and it’s a safe bet we’ll have a few surprises. An encore of the panel featuring a special guest will take place on Friday, July 22, 5:00pm-6:00pm at NERD HQ (The New Children’s Museum)
Hands On With Campaign @ Xbox Booth or Versus Modes on All-New Map “Forge” @ NERD HQ
Wednesday-Sunday, July 20-24 – San Diego Convention Center Hall A, Booth #100
Thursday-Sunday, July 21-24 – NERD HQ in The New Children’s Museum (200 W Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101)
Meet the developers of Gears of War 4 from The Coalition in San Diego and get hands-on with Gears of War 4. Starting Wednesday from 5:30PM-9:00PM PT, four-day pass holders and those with press badges can play a brand new section of the campaign for the first time in the Xbox Booth at the San Diego Convention Center. The booth opens to all Comic-Con attendees when doors open Thursday-to-Sunday.
Thursday-to-Sunday at Nerd HQ, fans can squad-up and face-off in these intense and brutal 5v5 Versus Multiplayer matches on the just revealed multiplayer map “Forge”. Check out TheNerdMachines.com for full gameplay schedules.
Limited Edition Gears of War 4 Posters available at Comic-Con
Today we also announced the availability of a limited-edition Gears of War 4 poster (first in a series of three) designed by award winning comic-book artist Tony Moore (known for his award-winning artistry in The Walking Dead comic series). Fans at Comic-Con will be able to get their hands on these super limited posters during a fan meet-and-greet and signing with the cast following the panel on Thursday at 5pm at NERD HQ or be the first 1000 fans who pre-order Gears of War 4 at the GameStop kiosk in the Xbox booth.
Physical Gear Packs
Drop by and play Gears of War 4 to take home the physical version of a Gear Pack! These physical cards don’t just look pretty – they also unlock 10 specific customization items and bounties to use when the game releases this October. Each physical Gear Pack includes five cards – one Crimson Omen sticker card, a Gears Avatar t-shirt card, and three customization cards. Head to the Xbox booth at Comic-Con located in Hall A, Booth #100 or find us at NERD HQ in the New Children’s Museum to claim your pack. Not at Comic-Con? Pre-order the game at GameStop and receive a free physical Gear Pack with the Vintage Reyna character when you pick up the game at launch.
A Bounty of Gears of War Collectibles
Equip yourself with gaming essentials to take down The Swarm, commemorate your collectible shelf with an assortment of Gears of War figurines, explore the artistic inspirations for Gears of War 4, and rev up a Lancer all of your own.
- HyperX CloudX Revolver Gears of War Gaming Headset – Available for pre-order now, The HyperX CloudX Revolver Gears of War Edition is a premium headset co-designed between Microsoft and The Coalition. Featuring a gritty, battle-weathered design to complement the recently announced Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Bundle and Xbox One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition Wireless Controller to offer fans a complete gaming set up that shows their Gears
- Funko Pop! Games: Gears of War – Gears of War made its Funko debut with the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive Marcus Fenix Pop! and now the rest of the line is on the way! Featuring JD Fenix, Del Walker and Kait Diaz from Gears of War 4, iconic characters from the original trilogy will also be making their debut with Marcus Fenix, Clayton Carmine, and the Locust Drone rounding out this new exciting Pop! Series. Fans attending Comic-Con can find these at the Funko booth in the San Diego Convention Center, Booth #534. Check out www.funko.com for more details.
- PDP Gears of War 4 Customized Lancer Replica – Based on the Customized Lancer featured in Gears of War 4, this authentic hand finished and painted 1:1 replica features the iconic chainsaw bayonet, activates in game sound effects, fully adjustable sight, lever, switches, and illuminated LED lights. The included removable and fully functioning flashlight adds to the detail and authenticity of the replica. Fans can see the replica Lancer for themselves in the Xbox Booth in the San Diego Convention Center and check out pdp.com for more information.
- Gears of War Play Arts KAI Action Figures – Marcus Fenix gets the Play Arts KAI treatment! Play Arts KAI, the action figure line pioneered by Square Enix Products, features highly detailed sculpting, careful paint application done by hand, and over 26 points of articulation. All these features and more make for a stunning collector’s piece. The prototype of Marcus will be debuted for the first time at the Square Enix Merchandise Booth #3829 and marks the first time this prototype is being shown to the public!
- Dark Horse – The Art of Gears of War 4 – The Gears of Warseries has revolutionized third-person shooter action with its gorgeous environments, iconic characters, and brutal action. Now to commemorate the continuation of the Gears epic, Dark Horse Books and The Coalition present The Art of Gears of War 4. Featuring hundreds of individual pieces of art, final renders, and commentary from the game’s creators, this gorgeous volume is a must-have item for veteran Gears and rookies alike and is available for preorder from retailers including Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
- McFarlane Toys 7” Kait Diaz Action Figure – Accompanied by a Customized Gnasher Shotgun and Boltok Pistol, this Gears of War 4 Kait Diaz figure is designed with 15 points of articulation. Available November 2016.