The holidays are a time to relax and recharge, whether it’s working out, enjoying the company of friends and family, or improving your gaming skills. The latest Xbox and Windows 10 devices make it easy to play anywhere, connect socially around your favorite games, and even take your progress with you during holiday travels.
The Xbox app makes gaming a social event. Even if your friends are PC gamers, console gamers, or a mix of both, you can all play together. With the built-in Xbox app in Windows 10, you can stream exclusive titles like Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 from your Xbox One to any Windows 10 PC on your home network. And that’s just the beginning. The Xbox app brings everyone and every device together, giving you multiple ways to share and connect with your Xbox Live friends:
- Collaborate and share your enthusiasm for the game, as well as the bragging rights you’ve earned, by using the free Xbox voice and text chat client in Windows 10 and Xbox One. Join a party chat with your friends while playing the same or even a different game, and invite or join friends in multiplayer games on Windows 10 or Xbox One.
- View, launch, and manage your game collection with the Xbox app on Windows 10. It will automatically recognize many installed games on your PC, even those not purchased online through the Windows Store, thanks to its built-in Win32 support.
- The Game Hub is the destination for PC and console gamers alike. See what games your friends are playing on PC or Xbox One and join them in a Party or multiplayer session.
- Show off your epic gaming moments with the Game Bar by pressing Windows key + G. Capture screenshots and video, then use the Xbox app to trim your clips and share on Xbox Live for all of your friends to see.
- Use the Game Hub’s activity feed to share Achievements you’ve earned for each title. Don’t forget to “like” and “comment” on each other’s activity!
Xbox Play Anywhere lets you keep the game going. When you make a digital purchase of a Play Anywhere title, such as ReCore or Forza Horizon 3, you are entitled to play that game on both your Windows 10 PC* and your Xbox One at no additional cost. That means you can do some pretty cool things like:
- Share progress across devices. Start a game on your laptop after work (or waiting for that holiday flight), pause it while in transit, and then pick up where you left off when you get home to your Xbox One… and a hot spiced cider.
- Enjoy cross-play and co-op game experiences with friends near and far. Xbox Play Anywhere lets gamers on Windows 10 and Xbox One play with and against each other.
- Earn Achievements in one play session. With Xbox Play Anywhere, you have one set of shared Achievements across titles no matter where you play for your Windows 10 and Xbox One games.
Get the most out of gaming with new Windows 10 devices. If you haven’t experienced the latest Windows 10 devices, there’s never been a better time to upgrade. With brilliant graphics and virtual reality capabilities, these machines are designed to bring your games to life. With Windows 10, and the hardware to back it up, games can take advantage of the breathtaking graphic fidelity of DirectX 12 to deliver incredible visuals and improved performance. At the heart of DirectX 12 is the latest version of Direct 3D, which is faster and more efficient than ever. Here’s some of the best Windows 10 devices has to offer:
- ASUS ROG G752VL– This VR-ready PC features an evolved ROG-look with a clean and modern titanium grey base. Powered by 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processors, this series includes a choice of NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics processors and a gaming keyboard with N-key rollover (up to 30 simultaneous key presses) and 2.5mm long-travel keys to create one of the most future-proof gaming notebooks available.
- Dell Alienware 15 – The brand’s smallest notebook is loaded with big improvements. Its aggressive design offers one of the most compact VR-ready devices ever and is configurable with NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics. Whether you’re gaming at high resolutions or in your own virtual world, it delivers truly dazzling gameplay with trillions of LED lighting combinations through eight unique programmable lighting zones in up to 20 distinct colors.
- The New Razer Blade – With a 14-inch Full HD or QHD+ touchscreen, this laptop is powered by a 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics and 16GB of RAM. There’s also a Razer Chroma keyboard with 16.8 million color options for putting on your own light show. All that, plus a razor-thin 0.7-inch profile and low weight of 4.3 pounds, makes this PC perfect for gaming on the go.
- CyberPowerPC Syber M Series – With Intel powering every build and VR ready specs standard for every model, the M Series is ready to play all the latest titles at an affordable price. Built within a stylish case design that’s sure to be the envy of your friends, and various customization options, the M Series strives for that perfect balance between price and performance.
Check out the latest Xbox and Windows 10 apps, games and devices at the Microsoft Store or partner retailer.
* Xbox Play Anywhere specifications vary by game. Please see published specifications for your Windows 10 PC to determine if it will play a specific Play Anywhere game.