The wait is over. The twists and turns of the road to the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals have all lead to this moment, where 12 of the world’s greatest Halo teams will vie for greatness, glory and a million-dollar payout. Will OpTic Gaming continue their dominance and give each of their squad members a second-straight championship? Will an international team shock the world with a top finish? The answers to these questions, and many, many more, lie in the midst of the incredible action that will unfold this weekend in sunny California. We’ve got everything you need to wrap your head around all the madness right here, so let’s get started!
Who is competing at Halo World Championship 2017?
Over the last several months, hundreds of teams from around the world have competed on online and offline events in order to qualify for one of the 12 spots in the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals as well as $150,000 in qualifier prizing. From hundreds to one dozen, here’s who’s competing in the tournament:
- OpTic Gaming (North America): Bradley “Frosty” Bergstrom, TJ “Lethul” Campbell, Mathew “Royal 2” Fiorante, Paul “SnakeBite” Duarte and Coach Chris “Royal 1” Fiorante
- Team Liquid (North America): Zane “Penguin” Hearon, Tim “Rayne” Tinkler, Braedon “Stellur” Boettcher, Kevin “Eco” Smith and Coach Kory “Symbolic” Arruda
- Team EnVyUs (North America): Austin “Mikwen” McCleary, Justin “iGotUrPistola” Deese, Eric “Snipedown” Wrona, Cuyler “Huke” Garland and Coach Marcus “Elumnite” Lovejoy
- Str8 Rippin (North America): Aaron “Ace” Elam, Bradley “aPG” Laws, Richie “Heinz” Heinz, Jonathan “Renegade” Willette and Coach Wes “Clutch” Price
- Luminosity (North America): Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, Tommy “Saiyan” Wilson, Visal “eL Town” Mohanan, Cameron “Victory X” Thorlakson, and Coach Justin “Fearitself” Kats
- Crowd Pleasers (North America): Carlos “Cratos” Ayala, Brett “Naded” Leonard, Dan “Danoxide” Terlizzi, Cory “Str8 Sick” Sloss and Coach Nicholas “Showtime” Laskaras
- FAB Games (Europe): James “Jimbo” Bradbrook, Brandon “Respectful” Stones, Perry “TuFoxy” Kenyon, Luciano “Mose” Calvanico and Coach Xavier “Xavi” Spiller-Cameron
- Supremacy (Europe): Simon “SolaR” Racher, Romain “PuniShR” Leroy, Norwen “SLG” Le Galloudec, Sonny “Fragxr” Marchaland
- SoaR Gaming (Latin America): Carlos “Bullet” Marlasca, Gilbert “Munoz” Munoz, Atzin “Atzo” Pulido, Irving “Drift” Ramirez
- Team Immunity (Australia/New Zealand): Aaron “Benno” Bennett, Matthew “Voltage” Barker, Daniel “Seduce” Franken, Teddy “Junior” Joe Jr.
- Splyce (North America): Jesse “Bubu dubu” Moeller, Ryan “Shooter” Sondhi, Michael “Falcated” Garcia, Anthony “Shotzzy” Cuevas-Castro and Coach Philip “Coach PhiL” Jones
- London Conspiracy (Europe): Rob “SeptiQ” Singleton, Casey “Lunny” Lunn, Andrew “Ramirez” Corrigan, Kristopher “Qristola” O’Keefe and Coach Kyle “Turk” Wall
What’s at stake?
The Halo World Championship is the biggest Halo tournament of the year and crown jewel of Halo esports, bringing together the best Halo players and teams from around the world to compete for the title of World Champion and more than $1 million in prizing across events.
Where is the tournament taking place? How can I watch?
Halo World Championship 2017 will be taking over the ESL Campus in Burbank, CA (700 North Mariposa Street), offering fans the opportunity to not only watch the amazing matches but also meet the players, hang out with members of 343 Industries, compete in the Halo 5: Guardians Free-for-All tournament and more. The finals will run from Mar. 24 – 26 and broadcast begins at 10:00 a.m. PT/1:00 p.m. ET each day.
You can watch the action at home on Twitch, Beam and Facebook, and there will be a mainstream and bravo stream to capture every match. For all you live tweeting fans, we’ll also be streaming on Twitter for the first time in Halo!
- Main stream: Twitch.tv/Halo, Beam.pro/Halo, esl.twitter.com, facebook.com/halo
- Bravo Stream: Twitch.tv/ESL_Halo
Who is casting? Is it too late to buy tickets? What’s the format? Who is favored to win?
All of these questions and more are answered at Halo Waypoint. Be sure to check out Halo.gg for all of the latest HaloWC news and we’ll see you on Friday!