Hello, fellow FighterZ!
It’s an exciting time to be a “Dragon Ball” and fighting game fan. With gamescom happening right now, we felt it was the right time to make some big announcements for Dragon Ball FighterZ so let’s get things started!
Think of Dragon Ball FighterZ as playing the “Dragon Ball” anime through the lens of a fighting game. Famed developer, Arc System Works aims to deliver an explosive, action-packed game that combines classic 2D elements with advanced 3D character models. The 3v3 fighting engine is built from the ground up to allow novice players easy mastery of the game’s basic combos while the more experienced players will be digging through the robust move sets and learning new ways to chain into their level 3 super attacks.
Starting today, select Xbox Insiders can join the Dragon Ball FighterZ closed beta on Xbox One through the Xbox Insider Program. To participate on Xbox One, download and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app from the Xbox Store. If you’ve been selected, you’ll see a message in the Announcement feed. Navigate to Insider Content and join the Dragon Ball FighterZ demo. For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, please visit the Xbox Insider Hub support page.
We also recently announced several new FighterZ joining the ranks:
Android 16: A close-range fighter that will bully his opponent with a devastating tackle. He is also lethal with an assortment of throws and decimate the opposition with his Hell Flash!
Android 18: She fights with Android 17 by her side and can summon him to counter the opponent’s Z assist. She has a multitude of combos to defeat her foes.
Krillin: A very tricky addition to the roster, he can confuse the enemy with a variety of unorthodox attacks and assists, including being able to throw a limited amount of Senzu Beans.
Piccolo: A fighter that can smash through an opponent’s guard with ease. By stretching his arm, he can drag an enemy into damage range and take them out with a Hellzone or Light Grenade Special Attack!
Trunks: A deadly mid-distance fighter with a deadlier sword! Trunks can also catch his opponent off guard from long range with his Masenko!
In addition to the new characters, we’ve also announced the Collectorz Edition of the Game that you can pre-order today on Xbox One. This limited-edition box set will include:
- Dragon Ball FighterZ game: It just wouldn’t be a Collectorz Edition without a copy of the game; of course it’s included!
- 3 high quality art cards: A set of high quality, hard covered, gold foil embossed cards that depict several FighterZ from the game
- 7” Goku Statue w/ exclusive Manga Dimension coloring: A super detailed diorama of Son Goku in his trademark pose. The one-of-a-kind airbrushed paint job gives the statue a “jumping off the pages of the manga look”
- Exclusive Steelbook: A steel-brushed metal case with exclusive art from the game, to keep your copy of Dragon Ball FighterZ safe
- Collectorz Box: A giant case to contain all of the goodies listed above
By pre-ordering either the Collectorz or regular edition of Dragon Ball FighterZ, you will unlock SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta from the very start of the game and get two exclusive lobby avatars as well.
That’s all for now but we have much more news for Dragon Ball FighterZ in the coming months. Stay tuned!