We’re pleased to announce that members of the Xbox Insider Omega ring will begin receiving the latest system update (1711.171110-1615) starting today. This build, which was made available to Alpha, Beta and Delta rings over the weekend, can be taken manually starting at 2 p.m. PST and will become mandatory at 1 a.m. PST on Nov. 14. This update introduces several new features to Insiders in the Omega ring for the first time.
Read on for features, fixes and more, and if you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Update, don’t forget to check the Xbox Insider Hub for Quests and Surveys associated with the latest update.
This update includes new features such as an at-a-glance status of what activities you can immediately step into, miniature Game Hubs and the ability to hide games with no unlocked Achievements. Learn more here.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue that caused game updates to trigger a complete title re-installation.
- Fixed an issue which caused some game saves bot to complete after playing offline.
- Fixed an issue which caused certain game updates not to show in the collection if stored on the external HDD.
- Fixed some graphical artifacts, textures, occlusion and compression for certain titles at the platform level.
- Implemented updates to the 4k video pipeline for Netflix and key partners to support 4k VP9 video playback.
- Fixed an issue in which notifications for messaging/parties and sometimes achievements were not popping/displaying.
- Fixed the reliability of Network Transfer between consoles on your network. This resolves cases in which the source console could not be found or installs started and then failed.
- Fixed an issue in the HDD profile backup feature that would fail when loading the user’s Gamerpic.
- Various localization fixes to the shell UI and the accessories app.
- Fixed an issue in which Videos within the activity feed pages would often appear with black video playback.
- Fixed issues with crackling audio for some users in Party Chat
- Left and right navigation is reversed during Tournament creation and in the twist when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an Avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
- Narrator can now be cancelled when reading large amounts of text.