Conan Exiles first released on Xbox One back in August 2017, then as an Xbox Game Preview title before releasing in May 2018. And just a few days ago we introduced the biggest update to the game since launch, introducing the new concept of taming and owning pets – plus a whole lot more.
Now we’re excited to finally give Xbox One players the chance to play Conan Exiles for free for a limited time. From 12:01 a.m. PDT on Thursday, October 18 to 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday, October 21, Xbox Live Gold members can download and play our open world survival game for free, and if you decide to make the plunge and buy it we’re also offering a hefty discount – up to 40% off from October 18 to October 21 . And should you return to Conan Exiles after the free weekend event, all your earned achievements and saved progress will be waiting for you.
Want to make the jump into our savage world? Here are some tips on how to survive in Conan Exiles and what you can expect in the brutal world of Conan the Barbarian! When you start out, you will find that you have been banished to the Exiled Lands for crimes you may or may not have committed. If you wish to survive the harsh desert landscape and burning heat you must learn how to become a resourceful survivor.
- At the very start of the game, you should follow the road north. Behind the mountains, you see a big river, where you can find water and food. You should pick up all the resources you can, as they can be used to craft clothing and tools.
- Eggs from Shaleback nests offer a lot of nutrition but be careful of the big red males, as they attack on sight. As you play you will level up and grow stronger. You can increase your attributes like strength and agility and in addition, you get feat points which can be used to learn new recipes for crafting.
- You can fight enemies with simple tools but you should try and learn how to craft weapons early. Even if the swords and clubs you can make at first are made from stone they are still powerful enough to deal with most creatures by the river.
- You will need a place to rest, store your resources, and seek shelter from the brutal sandstorms which sweep across the Exiled Lands. Gather enough stone and wood to build your first house. It does not need to be large, just big enough to fit a bedroll, a fire and some chests for storage.
- The more you build, kill, craft and gather the more XP you will gain. The further north you travel the more powerful enemies you will face but you will also get access to better and better resources.
And this is just the beginning. The Exiled Lands are vast, from the burning deserts in the south, to the wet swamps in the east and the cold forests and mountains in the north. You can conquer them all and build great castles or even vast cities. Venture deep into dark dungeons, capture enemies and make them your pets or thralls, grow plants and keep bees, worship mighty gods and summon their avatars and build defenses against attacking NPCs who seek to purge invaders from their land.
We hope all Xbox Live Gold members have fun playing Conan Exiles for free on Xbox One for the next week. And don’t forget to take advantage of that great discount if you’d like to continue your adventures after the free play event concludes.