Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Skip Ahead and Preview Alpha Rings will begin receiving the latest 1904 Xbox One system update (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190124-1920). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1904 system update. For the next few releases we will keep Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha builds in sync to test core functionality.
- We are flighting a new Mini Keyboard and would love your feedback. If you prefer or require the bigger keyboard for accessibility, it is still available in Settings -> Ease of Access -> Magnifier -> Larger Keyboard. This mini keyboard floats over the UI, so will position itself smartly around textboxes. If you see any positioning or general issues, please file bugs with as much detail as possible (app you were using, screenshot etc.) as we deliberately have minimal logging around text entry for privacy reasons. Keep an eye out for a quest and survey!
Media Remote Programmable Buttons
- We are flighting a new feature that enables you to reprogram buttons on your Media Remote. Choose your favorite app to launch when you press the OneGuide button on a media remote.
- Access this via Settings>Kinect & devices>Media remote.
- Make quick message send from friends list use the new messaging service.
My Games and Apps
- Fixes to improve the launch of various games and apps that would timeout with an error to the user.
- Fixed the issue that was resulting in a console shutdown while playing Destiny 2.
- Fixed the issue with no controller input for some users.
- Fixed an issue with the new Virtual Keyboard that covered Content on Large Text (Below-Center) Textboxes.
- Fixes to the audio subsystem to resolve hanging/no audio for some users.
- Localization fixes.
- We are tracking an issue that this title is crashing on launch.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
My Games and Apps:
- We are tracking an issue with various bundled titles like Borderlands 2 not recognizing all DLC as owned with valid entitlement
- We are aware of an issue with skype that when a user clicks on a conversation and/or pressing X to start a video call seem to freeze and eventually crash skype.