Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha and Preview Beta Rings will begin receiving the latest 1904 Xbox One system update (19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1904\18355.2000.190308-1920). Read on for more about the new features, fixes and known issues in the latest 1904 system update.
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1904\18355.2000.190308-1920
- Available: 2:00PM PST 3/11/19
- Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PST 3/12/19
A complete feature list for 1904 is published here https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/21/new-features-rolling-out-to-xbox-insiders-this-spring/
- We have resolved issue with UI and wording in GameDVR settings.
- We have resolved the issue with Groups not updating correctly after selecting the create group button.
- We have fixed the issue in which New Groups or existing groups did not show up in the Guide until you’ve visited My Games & Apps once after updating the console.
My Games and Apps
- MS Rewards App – Fixed the issue in which all promotions in all supported countries were not updating correctly.
- We are have resolved the issue that notifications were not displaying on the console (such as achievement toasts).
- We have fixed the issue that would result in a Toast(notification) storm when installing Forza 7.
- Added a page action for My Home Xbox’s Learn More button
- Various narrator and localization fixes.
- We are aware of issues of No Audio heard from Non-Spatial Audio games when using Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with the LG SJ9 soundbar.
- We are tracking the issue in which users with Dolby Atmos setups may have no sound or low sound (with snap, crackle and pop!) when coming out of Instant On. Workaround : Reboot your Audio Video Receiver (AVR) to reenable the audio stream correctly as one option. Also try changing your console Audio settings back to Dolby Digital to restore sound then reboot your AVR to confirm sounds then change the console back to Dolby Atmos in Audio settings.
- We are tracking an issue that this title is crashing on launch.
EA Access App
- We are tracking the following two issues with the EA Access app and the 1904 recovery:
- Users are unable to purchase an EA Access subscription from inside the EA Access app. When you select the icon to renew nothing happens. Workaround: Purchase the renewal from www.xbox.com or from the Microsoft Store app.
- Users are unable to get a game trial from inside the EA Access App. When you select the Game trial icon nothing happens. Workaround : Search for the trial in the Microsoft Store and install the trail from the game Product Display Page (PDP).
Game Pass Mobile App
- Issue/Impact – After pushing a remote installation of a game from the Game Pass mobile app, customers will not see progress of the installation on in the mobile app and may not receive install notifications. The game will still successfully install if there is sufficient available space on the console.
- Affected audience – must be in 1904 preview, must be a GP subscriber, must be using the GP mobile app, must be pushing game installations from the app.
- Workarounds – None. A fix is coming in the next version of the mobile app in March. Customers interested in getting early access to the fix can download the Game Pass Beta app.
- We are aware that the clock/time is missing from home and the dashboard.
- Sometimes users may encounter an issue when playing 4K content that the streaming will fail with the Plex App.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Sometimes users may encounter a console restart when using Youtube or similar media apps. We are tracking a fix for this shortly.
- We are tracking that Home is failing to load/crashing with latest update.
- On Screen Keyboard in Hebrew – We are aware that the onscreen keyboard in Hebrew the period or semi-colon no longer works. Workaround: A physical usb keyboard works.
- On Screen Keyboard covers group chat window – We are aware that the onscreen keyboard in group chat covers that text entry window. Workaround: Touch typing is a skill.