Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest 1905 Xbox One system update (19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1905\18362.3030.190416-1940) Read on for more about the new features, fixes and known issues in the latest 1905 system update.
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1905\18362.3030.190416-1940
- Available: 2:00PM PDT 4/19/19
- Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PDT 4/20/19
Better Sorting in My Games & apps
Our team has made it even easier to find what you’re looking for in any Games & apps. From now on, articles such as “a,” “an” and “the” will no longer be used to sort titles when using the “Sort A-Z” and “Group by letter” views; for example, “The Witcher” will now be found under “W” instead of “T.” Thanks so much to our Xbox community for helping prioritize this change by voting in our recent “My Games & apps” Idea Drive, and don’t forget to check the Xbox Idea Hub for other topics to which you can contribute!
- Fixes to background audio (BGM) to ensure that BGM and game audio sound fine mixed together with no audio snap/crackle or pop!
- Fixes to address situations in which the User is not using Spatial sound (Headset format is set to Stereo uncompressed and Bitstream format is not Dolby Atmos).
My Games and Apps
- Fixes to the sorting in My Games and Apps.
- Localization fixes
- Headsets are not being assigned to the users profiles.
- Some users are experiencing no audio with headsets and we are investigating
- Some users are encountering no audio on their Xbox console after boot (no shell audio, no game audio, no app audio), then have CSS ask them to perform the following steps:
- Cold reboot the console
- Go to Audio settings on console
- Change their HDMI audio settings to the highest supported uncompressed channel count for their equipment
- Switch back to the desired format
- Audio should be restored
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.