The second [email protected] Game Pass showcase is a wrap! In case you couldn’t watch today, you can find the video on demand (VOD) above. But if you want the TLDR, don’t worry – we have you covered with this episode recap.
In addition to announcing more games coming to Xbox Game Pass from independent developers, we shared looks of gameplay from [email protected] games you may have gotten a glimpse of at E3 such as Totally Accurate Battle Simulator and Ikenfell. We also chatted with some of these developers such as Bloober Team, who were excited to share more about their game with you.
11 [email protected] Games Announced for Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass continues to be a great way for players of all kinds to discover their next favorite game. With these 11 titles joining the game library, we are excited to celebrate the creativity of independent developers and to help their games reach even more players.
Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
- My Time at Portia: Gather, mine, and craft as you explore, adventure, and rebuild your Pa’s workshop. With many different activities to choose from, there is something for everyone.
- Bad North: In this real-time tactics roguelite, tailor your strategy to the unique layout of each island as you defend your island kingdom against Viking invaders.
- Gonner: Venture into this challenging 2D platformer as you traverse dangerous environments and battle formidable foes on your journey to cheer up your only friend.
- The Banner Saga 3: In the final chapter of the award-winning Banner Saga series, the darkness closes in. New playable characters and deeper combat await you in this story-driven, strategic RPG where choices matter and carry over from The Banner Saga 1 and 2.
- Yoku’s Island Express: Play as Yoku, a small postman, on a quest to rebuild the post-office and awake an ancient island deity in this tropical open-world pinball adventure.
- Worms W.M.D: Dive into the best Worms experience yet with more destruction, new weapons, and crafting. And with single player plus online and local co-op modes, enjoy solo or with friends!
Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
- Undertale: You’ve fallen into the Underground, a world brimming with monsters. In this humorous RPG, fight or negotiate your way out – the choice is yours.
- Timespinner: As timekeeper Lunais, take on the Lachiem empire to avenge your family. Utilize time, magic orbs, and Familiars to defeat enemies in this story-driven action-platformer.
- Unavowed: Seek salvation from a dark past as you join an ancient society dedicated to fighting evil in this point-and-click adventure with branching stories.
- Machinarium: Aid Josef, a robot who must save his girlfriend from the Black Cap Brotherhood gang. Embark on an adventure filled with puzzles, quests, brain teasers, and mini-games.
- For the King: A kingdom is peaceful no more and the queen calls for the citizens’ aid. Heed her call in this challenging and strategic RPG with tabletop and roguelike elements.
Interviews with Independent Developers at E3
We were also able to catch up with some of the teams behind some of the great games you heard about during the week of E3! In these interviews, you’ll learn about the creative vision for the game, gameplay mechanics, and more. Here is a list of them:
- Blair Witch
- Maciek Glomb (Production Lead, Bloober Team)
- Basia Kciuk (Writer, Bloober Team)
- Rafał Basaj (Brand Manager, Bloober Team)
- Daniel Engelhardt (Senior Vice President, Lionsgate Games)
- Pathologic 2, Secret Neighbor
- Alex Nichiporchik (CEO, tinyBuild)
- Broforce, Ruiner, Hotline Miami, The Messenger, Hatoful Boyfriend
- Nigel Lowrie (Devolver Digital)
- Way to the Woods
- Anthony Tan (Game Creator)
- Nicolas Guérin (Creative Director, Thunder Lotus Games)
- Creature in the Well
- Adam Volker (Creative Director, Flight School Studio)
- Derek Johnson (Founder, Thorium Entertainment)
- Star Renegades
- Ken Seto (CEO, Massive Damage)
- Jacqueline Joy (Community Manager, Massive Damage)
Across today’s [email protected] Game Pass showcase and E3 announcements, fans of independent developer games have more than 30 games to look forward to! And some of these games will be premiering on Xbox Game Pass. The wait may seem long, but the good news is that there is no shortage of great games to play today with Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)! And if you haven’t yet joined, but are interested, find the right plan for you.
Thank you for tuning in today and we hoped you enjoyed the showcase. For all the latest and greatest [email protected] and Xbox Game Pass news, make sure to stay tuned to Xbox Wire and the below channels!