Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2008\19041.4007.200724-2030
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – July 27, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – July 28, 2020
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
- We’re working to simplify notifications on Xbox! Messages from Xbox will now show up in the Notifications area when you open the Guide, keeping the Parties & chats area focused on chatting with friends and other players.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
New issues we’re investigating:
- The Achievements tab may have some odd display issues where it appears content is overlapping. We are aware and investigating.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
- Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.
- Some users have reported that clips are being recorded without audio. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: When reporting the issue, please be sure to include details about what resolution, length, and game you were trying to record.
- Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps
- We’ve received reports of users being unable to edit or create Groups. We are aware of the issue and investigating.
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- We’ve received reports of some users getting “stuck” at the sign in screen. We are aware and investigating.
- Users may notice that the 24-hour clock does not display correctly across all sections of the dashboard. We are aware and investigating.
- Users may see the four new languages (Hungarian, Czech, Slovak and Greek) available as options for the keyboard. While they can be selected, they are non-functional at this time.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!