Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Beta and Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_200819041.4067.200804-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 6, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 7, 2020
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
HDR Game Calibration App
The HDR Game Calibration App is now available on Xbox! The HDR Game Calibration App shows a series of test patterns to determine the characteristics of your HDR TV.
Calibration values are stored in the system and new games can choose to use this information to enhance their visual quality for your HDR TV. The app can also be used to verify that your TV and console is setup correctly to support HDR for Xbox.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to add/edit Groups across the dashboard.
- Additional fixed to address Guide performance issues being reported.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
New issues we’re investigating:
- Some users have reported that the Friends tab no longer shows the number of players online in the icon. We are aware and investigating.
- Users may see their Most Recent games/apps not displaying correctly on the dashboard.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
- Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.
- Some users have reported that clips are being recorded without audio. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: When reporting the issue, please be sure to include details about what resolution, length, and game you were trying to record.
- Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!