Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_201119041.5476.201115-2330
- Available: 6 p.m. PT – November 17, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 18, 2020
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Users will be presented with more information about the Xbox Family Settings app when getting an “Add Friend” request from a child account.
- Family admins can now automatically add the profiles of their family members to their console! This option will occur when the family admin is adding their own account to the Xbox for the first time. Only family members who have previously set up accounts on an Xbox will be available to add automatically.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Users trying to play a DVD should no longer see a black screen when trying to watch the movie.
- The Idle Screen should now display in the correct language on the console.
- Additional fixes to address consoles powering off unexpectedly while in use.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
- Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don’t have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps
- Some users are reporting seeing the Mixer app in their collection and being unable to remove/uninstall it. The issue is being investigated.
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!