Following its epic launch for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is fast approaching the start of the first content drop in Season One, featuring free-to-acquire weapons and seven free maps. And there’s new content for Warzone players too, with the arrival of Rebirth Island and two new Gulags!
Let’s get straight to the goods — here are the highlights to look forward to in Season One:
Battle Across New Multiplayer Maps
The Pines and Raid
Two new maps primed for 6v6 combat will also be available at launch, including the return of the iconic Black Ops II locale Raid. As for The Pines, this New Jersey mall is filled with neon-lit shops that give way to close-quarters combat, with the main walkways between the stores open enough for mid-range play and sniping duels. Raid is a sprawling luxury complex nestled in the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California. Competition is fierce across this dream house, with three lanes and a central courtyard that will draw action from all sides.
The duo-based multiplayer mode is back for Black Ops Cold War, complete with four new locales to prove mastery in with random loadouts every two rounds. At its launch, you’ll descend into the underground tunnels of U-Bahn, circle around a gigantic missile in ICBM, play host to carnage in Game Show, and infiltrate a Soviet headquarters in KGB.
Sanatorium Expands Fireteam In-Season
Fireteam will receive a brand-new map in Sanatorium later in Season One. This experimental Soviet health retreat features water combat via a lake that’s overlooked by the sprawling complex. As you fight nine other squads within the wooded hills, on the large dock, or within the hotel, be on the lookout for notes regarding Project Golova.
Two Free Weapons, Stitch Highlight the Season One Battle Pass System
Season One adds two free weapons within its Battle Pass System: the MAC 10 and the Groza.
- MAC 10 (Tier 15) – The fastest firing SMG thus far boasts moderate damage and improved handling speeds.
- Groza (Tier 31) – This fully automatic assault rifle is an all-around threat with excellent handling properties, solid damage, a fast fire rate, and impressive range.
Expect an additional free-to-acquire weapon available as Season One progresses.
Battle Pass Instant Unlocks
Purchase the Battle Pass to gain access to all 100 tiers of content, including up to 1,300 COD Points, a new finishing move, blueprints for the MAC 10 and Groza, and these epic rewards unlocked instantly at Tier 0:
- New Operator: Stitch — The infamous one-eyed villain vowing revenge on Adler is instantly unlocked upon purchase of the Battle Pass, complete with his foreboding [Redacted] skin. Complete his included operator mission to unlock four additional skins, two calling cards, and two emblems.
- Adler Operator Skin and Mission – Prepare Adler for the journey back to Rebirth Island with the “Traveler” skin. Two more skins, a calling card, and an emblem can be unlocked via the “Urban Infiltrator” operator mission set.
- Silver Flash Watch – It’s time to clock into Season One with a brand-new watch. Admire its retro design straight out of the ‘80s and never lose track of time during a play session by checking it in-game.
- XP Boost – Enjoy a 10% increase in all XP earned during Season One with this XP Boost included with purchase of the Battle Pass.
Survive Rebirth Island, Two New Gulags in Warzone
Vikhor “Stitch” Kuzmin, a dangerous enemy from Russell Adler’s past, is back with a vengeance and enough Nova 6 nerve gas to shift the balance of the Cold War. In Season One of Warzone, prepare to drop in on Rebirth Island. Celebrate by diving into this new map and complete a fraught and frantic limited-time event with over a dozen free rewards to claim, as well as additional clandestine secrets to uncover….
Defined by intense and frenetic close-quarters combat, Rebirth Island is an all-new, small-scale map that features a player count similar to a Mini BR match. Trios and Quads will brawl across dozens of new locales, and with the new Resurgence game mode, where respawns happen every 30 seconds, there won’t be a shortage of epic moments and reinforcements until the last squad is left standing.
Along with Rebirth Island and the introduction of Black Ops Cold War weaponry, Warzone also has two new Gulags to explore: A scaled-down version of Nuketown for Verdansk, and an arena with a grim history for Rebirth Island.
Don’t forget Season One is the start of integration between titles; gain XP and level up in either game and get ready for a bigger gunsmith table as the entire Black Ops Cold War arsenal becomes available within Warzone!
New Warzone Game Mode: Resurgence
Get back in the fight! This new game mode for Rebirth Island keeps the action flowing with frequent respawns. Scavenge for supplies and gear up as usual while you hunt down other squads. Drop every last one of them, otherwise they’re liable to respawn and seek revenge!
- Gulag: Closed for Business — The respawns come fast and furious here. No Gulag necessary.
- Hunt Feedback — Take out an enemy to briefly gain the “Hunt Feedback” ability, showing the location of their remaining teammates. Wipe them out!
- One for All — As long as at least one team member is still alive, you will drop right back into the fray when the Rebirth Countdown reaches zero.
Black Ops Cold War Content Integration
Expect a huge addition to Warzone content as the weapon and operators of Black Ops Cold War become available for use in your Warzone loadouts. This includes the new Season One Operator Stitch as well as the Groza AR and MAC 10 SMG. Once you’ve unlocked them in the Season One Battle Pass, they’re yours to select in Verdansk and Rebirth Island.
Free Access Week
Celebrate the holidays and Season One with free access to several Multiplayer modes in Black Ops Cold War, starting December 17 (Xbox Live Gold required). Operators can play 2v2 Gunfight, Team Deathmatch, and Domination, or jump into mixed mode playlists with the festive Nuketown ’84 Holiday map or Season One maps Raid and The Pines. Plus: Prop Hunt, Combined Arms, and Fireteam Dirty Bomb join the free access fun December 21 – 24. Get in on the action from 10AM on December 17 until 10AM December 24.
Season One of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is live on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on December 15 at 11 p.m. PST. Haven’t yet joined the fight? Get Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today.
Execute the mission.
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.