Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Beta and Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6179.210115-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 19, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 20, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Users will notice a new option to “View on Mobile” to complete certain actions in the Guide. When selected, a notification will be sent to the users’ phone (if they have the Xbox App installed) to complete the action.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various fixes to address users not having audio when console is powered on.
My Games & Apps
- Users should now see correct installation status/progress when viewing a tile in their Full Library.
- Fixed an issue where users would not receive a notification when a Game DVR ciip is captured.
- Fixed an issue where Tenure would not display while in High Contrast mode.
- Users should no longer see a Gamertag displayed across two lines when comparing Achievements.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’re aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
- Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- We’ve discovered an issue where users are unable to switch between themes. We’re aware and investigating and advise users to not change their theme until a fix has been released.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!