Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT\21343.1001.210322-1900
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – March 24, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – March 25, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Multiplayer in Free-to-play games, Looking 4 Groups and Party Chat on Xbox no longer requires an Xbox Live Gold membership as we flight and test these service changes ahead of general availability.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- A new firmware for the new Xbox Wireless Headset that contains fixes for:
- Volume of status tones has been lowered.
- Increased mic monitoring levels.
- Fixed an issue where you could not select items with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the end time for a child account with screen time limits set would not display correctly in the Guide.
- Fixed an issue where navigating via the Keyboard in some sections was not working.
Xbox Insider Hub
- Fixed an issue where users could not manage their Preview enrollment due to an error prompting them to sign in.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Several apps may have issues displaying their UI.
- Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
- Some users are reporting that their mouse isn’t working correctly in Minecraft.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- Some users have reported seeing a black/blank screen when launching games/apps or when booting up the console.
- Workaround: If this happens when launching a game/app, try accessing the Guide and closing the game/app. If this happens on console boot try refreshing Home via the Guide.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- We’ve received reports that some users are unable to enable HDR on the console.
- Workaround: Power down the console completely (hold the power button for 5-10 seconds) and then power on the console.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- We are aware that some titles do not currently support the Free-to Play multiplayer testing currently available in Preview. We are working with the studios as the titles require an update to support this service change.
- Note: Titles currently not supported include Destiny 2 and Call Of Duty: Warzone. Please Report a problem on any other titles that are not working.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!