Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2110CO\22000.2655.211018-1230
- Available: 6 p.m. PT – October 19, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 20, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
- A new version of the controller firmware is available for Omega users starting today. You can read more about what’s included with the update as well as which controllers will be receiving it here.
Guide – Stats
- A subset of users in Omega can now check out the Game activity tab while playing a game and see not just the classic Achievements list, but also a newly added Stats page that tracks things like play time and more, depending on what game you’re playing.
Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Console
- We’re beginning to flight cloud gaming today on your console for Omega Insiders today. You can read more about the feature at the blog post here.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some titles were not working properly when a steering wheel was connected to the console.
- Using a “return to game” link from the Edge browser should now work correctly when selected.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that playback is becoming green and pixelated. We are aware and investigating.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Users who have updated their controllers to the latest firmware outlined here have reported issues using the controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10.
- Workaround: Users can connect the controller via USB or via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Also, controller will work via Bluetooth in Windows 11.
- Users have reported experiencing a blank/black screen when booting the console. We are aware and investigating.
- Workaround: Try disconnecting/reconnecting the HDMI cable from the console/TV to see if the display begins working again. Be sure to report the behavior immediately afterwards from the console if this resolves the behavior.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!