Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Beta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2111CO\22000.2951.211029-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 2, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 3, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Settings – Accessibility
- The first round of testing for color-blind filters is launching for people using Xbox Series X|S consoles. This feature is flighting with the intention of enabling people with color blindness or color vision deficiency to explore both recent games and games in the Xbox back catalog that were previously color-blind inaccessible. While some games and apps use similar filters individually, this new feature applies globally to everything on Xbox Series X|S, from games and apps to movies, menus, etc. It supports multiple forms of color blindness, and filters can be adjusted to your preference without affecting console performance, screenshots, or game clips. Please give us your feedback!
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address the browser crashing while in use.
- Fixed an issue where a short press of the Xbox button on a controller would access the power menu instead of the Guide.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that playback is becoming green and pixelated. We are aware and investigating.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Users who have updated their controllers to the latest firmware outlined here have reported issues using the controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10.
- Workaround: Users can connect the controller via USB or via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Also, controller will work via Bluetooth in Windows 11.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Xbox Cloud Gaming on Console
- Users may be unable to launch base games that are part of a bundle (Forza Horizon 4, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, etc.) with cloud gaming on console.
- Some cloud gaming experiences may show in English only.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!