Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2111CO\22000.3021.211126-1500
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 30, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 1, 2021
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address Guide failing to launch/open for users in some cases.
- Various performance and stability fixes.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported being unable to change their HDMI audio settings when connecting a chat headset.
- Workaround: Ensure headset audio is set to Stereo before connecting the headset.
- We’ve received some reports that playback is becoming green and pixelated. We are aware and investigating.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Users who have updated their controllers to the latest firmware outlined here have reported issues using the controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10.
- Workaround: Users can connect the controller via USB or via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Also, controller will work via Bluetooth in Windows 11.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Xbox Cloud Gaming on Console
- Some headsets (such as the Xbox One Chat Headset) currently won’t output game chat when playing with cloud gaming. The microphone still works but game chat audio will output from your selected audio device (e.g., TV speakers)
- Some cloud gaming experiences may show in English only.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!