Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2202CO\22000.3483.220114-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 18, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 19, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some titles would not launch with error code 0x803f900a while console was in offline mode.
- Fixes to address the Guide taking several seconds to load when accessed.
- Fixed an issue where some users would not be connected to their network on console boot.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported that there is no console audio on boot.
- Workaround: Power off console completely (hold power button for 5-10 seconds) and leave console powered off for 1-2 minutes then power on normally.
- Users have reported that headset audio has stopped working with the latest update.
Console Live Streaming
- Some titles that should be enabled for live stream may display a “can’t stream/broadcast this title” error and go into a pause state.
- Workaround: Restart the broadcast.
- Note: Some titles intentionally do not allow live streaming and will always display a pause state.
- Some users report issues during account linking in Guide with a mobile device.
- Workaround: Close the page with the QR code after completing account linking on mobile.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- Users with a Series X|S console have reported that the dashboard is not loading with error code 0x80070490 on console boot.
- Workaround: Users who encounter this error will need to perform a console reset (choose the option to keep games/apps installed) in order to resolve this behavior. Instructions can be found here and select the “Troubleshooting system updates from other screens” option.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!