Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2202CO\22000.3493.220118-2200
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – January 20, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 21, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Console Live Streaming
- Insiders can try out live streaming to Twitch by navigating to the “Capture and Share” tab and choosing “Live streaming”. They’ll then need to link a Twitch account using a mobile device or using console Settings. Once the account is linked hit the “Go live now” button to start streaming gameplay to Twitch. This feature only streams game play so viewers will see a pause screen if the user navigates to home or another app.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some users report not having audio on boot.
- Note: If you still encounter this behavior be sure to report the problem from the console before trying any troubleshooting to resolve.
- Fixes to address headset audio not working on boot with the latest update.
- Fixed an issue where custom backgrounds were changing when rebooting the console.
- Fixed an issue where some titles would not launch with error code 0x803f900a while console was in offline mode.
- Fixes to address the Guide taking several seconds to load when accessed.
- Fixed an issue where some users would not be connected to their network on console boot.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- Users with a Series X|S console have reported that the dashboard is not loading with error code 0x80070490 on console boot.
- Workaround: Users who encounter this error will need to perform a console reset (choose the option to keep games/apps installed) in order to resolve this behavior. Instructions can be found here and select the “Troubleshooting system updates from other screens” option.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!