Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2203CO\22000.3809.220221-2200
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – February 24, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – February 25, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Audio Setup Wizard
- A new guided audio setup wizard is available under the Audio Settings page for your HDMI devices.
Console Live Streaming
- We’re adding settings to allow you to change the opacity of the broadcast bar, as well as a new default behavior that collapses the broadcast bar to just the icons.
- Note: While the Guide is opened the broadcast bar and opacity will return to default.
- Users on Xbox Series X|S consoles can now keep up to two games in Quick Resume no matter what other games are launched. These games will only drop out of Quick Resume if the user manually removes it or if a game is updated.
Xbox Accessories App
- The updated Xbox Accessories App on your console unlocks new button remapping Actions for Xbox Accessories, including Share button remapping on the Xbox Wireless Controller for Series S|X. If you don’t share, or don’t like sharing, you’ll be able to remap the Share button to other Actions such as Mute TV, Open Friends List, Open Achievements, and many other options. You can see the full list of Actions within the Accessories App.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where the tones played by the Audio Setup Wizard would continue playing after exiting.
- Fixed an issue where accessing some sections could cause Settings to crash.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Some users have reported that the Xbox button on the Razer Turret is not working to access the Guide.
- Workaround: Either the Windows key or even Windows key + X can be used instead of the Xbox Button to access the Guide.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!