Hey Xbox fans, it’s me again and today we got something really cool to share! Since we launched The Gunk in December, seeing all the positive messages from critics and players highlighted something that seems to be synonymous with The Gunk: it’s jaw-dropping visuals. So, it’s my pleasure to be able to offer the Xbox community and virtual photographers the chance to get their hands on the new Photo Mode.
With the new Photo Mode, we are giving you a suite of powerful photography tools that will allow you to see The Gunk’s stunning alien world in a whole new light. If you’re familiar with photo modes from other titles, you’ll feel right at home here with a familiar host of editing possibilities, including depth of field, exposure, filters and a whole lot more.
You can further customize your shots by selecting character poses and facial expressions to add personality and style to your snaps. With these tools in hand, you’ll be able to create jaw-dropping images that you can share on social media or enjoy for your own artistic pleasure.
For those of you not familiar with The Gunk, it’s a sci-fi exploration game set on a mysterious alien planet. You’ll have to deal with a strange substance that you can vacuum up with Pumpkin, your trusty multi-purpose prosthetic arm. This ominous substance wreaks havoc on this alien planet’s stunning ecosystem, until you show up and help it spring back into life before your eyes.
As well as adding this brand-new Photo Mode to the game, we’ve also implemented a bunch of features and fixes to improve The Gunk based on feedback from the community. These include improved resolution settings, with 4K monitors now supported better than ever before, the ability to disable motion blur, quality of life changes such as a setting to automatically enter aim mode and mouse control improvements. Here’s a detailed list of all the improvements added in today’s update:
- Added a Photo Mode. Ca-click!
- Improved the resolution settings. It is now easier to adjust resolutions, 4K monitors are better supported and some resolution related bugs have been fixed. There are also more ways to configure the game’s resolution (PC only)
- Mouse controls have been improved (PC only)
- Added several settings for subtitles
- Added setting to disable motion blur
- Added setting to automatically enter Aim Mode
- In instances when you can’t save the game, a message will now be displayed in the pause menu explaining why
- Fixed rare bugs that impeded player progress
- Fixed a rare graphics bug where the gunk was rendered incorrectly on some integrated graphics cards (PC only)
- Fixed some language inconsistencies in the user interface
- Some bug fixes related to the user interface, especially the Controls screen
The Gunk is available now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC and can be streamed to all Xbox Cloud Gaming-compatible devices as part of your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.
I want to close off by thanking you all for helping to make The Gunk a success. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you can all do with the new Photo Mode. Also, please do share your shots with us @Thunderfulgames tagging #TheGunkPhotoMode so we can retweet your incredible creations!