Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox App for PC update that fixes some bugs and introduces some new features. Please check out the notes below.
We will continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to the app. Details can be found below!
App Update Details:
- Xbox App version released: 2203.1000.21.0
- Gaming Services version released: 3.63.7001.0
- Available: 2:30 p.m. PT – March 10th, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Xbox Insiders on PC can expect something new coming to their Xbox App.
App Navigation Updates
- This is the first in an upcoming wave of changes to improve how you move around the app and access your games. For this initial release, all your navigation is in the sidebar, and we’ve made Xbox Cloud Gaming easier to find.
Performance Fit Indicator
- There is a new performance fit indicator to check and see if a game will run on your PC before installing.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this app update:
- Fixed an issue where games using Easy Anti-Cheat won’t launch until you reboot your PC.
- Fixed some cases of installs failing with error 0x80073cf3.
- Fixed an issue where renaming the game install folder causes subsequent game installs and launches to fail.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox App on PC engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some games show that an update is available but selecting the update button doesn’t do anything.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
You can find more information on known issues and troubleshooting steps, as well as interact with the community, on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can!
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information!
Thank you to everyone who participates in the Xbox Insider Program! Your feedback helps us continue to build a great gaming experience in the Xbox app on PC.