- MLB The Show 22 is available today with Xbox Game Pass for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta); Ultimate members will also have access on PC and mobile devices.
- The new “Learn the Show” video series puts you in Coach’s classroom to supply the tools you need to up your game on the diamond.
- Be sure to check out how MLB The Show 22 is bringing new commentary team here on Xbox Wire.
See what’s new in MLB The Show 22 and brush up your skills with a new 101 video series.
Our San Diego Studio team is very excited for the release of MLB The Show 22 – available today with Xbox Game Pass for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta). In addition to the new features, Legends, and Feature Programs fans can look forward to, we’re also celebrating this launch with the release of a 101 video series, “Learn The Show.”
For new and returning fans alike, this series puts you in Coach’s classroom to provide the tools you need to up your game on the diamond.
- Ever wondered what type of pitch you should use?
- How about when to power swing vs. contact swing?
- What’s a bullpen and why are my pitchers there?
Every weekday in April, we’ll be sharing a new “Learn The Show” video in this series on our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) to answer these questions and more, and will maintain a full library for your quick reference at the official MLB The Show: Learn the Show website.
We’ve also been working on a lot of great new features for all our fans, returning and new. Here are just a few of the new additions to look forward to in MLB The Show 22:
Road To The Show and Ballplayer
We’ve received a lot of community feedback and are happy to confirm we’ve addressed some of those requests. We hope you’re as excited as we are!
- You can create multiple ballplayers now. Take them beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience and customize your Ballplayers to aid in your progression.
- We have increased flexibility when it comes to pitching. Full flexibility with your repertoire with our new pitch select system.
- Improved mission variety and progression opportunities through Ballplayer Programs, making it even easier for you to upgrade your ball player.
- Updated and refreshed Dynamic Challenges, like drive a runner home using a power swing or drive a runner home using a normal swing. Those are just a few examples of the new challenges and new rewards.
Gameplay: Pitching, Hitting. and Fielding
- Expanded difficulty spectrum to help our beginner fans: Amateur and Minors
- Fielding has been added to custom practice to let you turn double plays, rob home runs and practice making perfect throws to any base
- With PCI Lock, users can now select their PCI starting position from nine distinct spots to make it easier to get the PCI where you want it
- Dynamic Perfect Accuracy Region for pitching impacts how easily you can pinpoint certain pitches high or low in the strike zone
- Hundreds of new fielding, throwing, and catching animations.
- Faces of the Franchise players are back!
- One 90 OVR player reps each MLB club in the first Featured Program of the year!
- Play the way you want. Choose single or multiplayer modes to complete specific tasks.
- Unlock 12 of the 30 bosses by playing moments and missions.
- Get ready for another exciting season of live content:
- Play new Programs rotating every few weeks to earn boss rewards.
- Add unlockable animations and audio items to customize your Diamond Dynasty squad.
- Look for Roster Updates based on real-life player performances.
- New mode, Mini Seasons, brings more immersive ways to play vs CPU with your Diamond Dynasty squad.
- Diamond Dynasty has 150+ Legends for you to find and create a dominating squad to play with the all-time greats and today’s stars.
Cross- Play and Progression
- Invite friends and play across all PlayStation, Xbox, and now Nintendo Switch platforms.
- Create your MLB The Show Account on TheShow.com and link your PlayStation, Xbox, and/or Nintendo Switch and you are all set.
- While you are creating your new linked account, make sure you sign-up for The Scouting Report, so we can send you all the latest MLB The Show 22 information and subscribers also get an exclusive pack each month starting in April. So, head over to www.theshow.com to get your account set up.
- Note: Online multiplayer features require internet connection and console-specific online multiplayer subscription.
- Also Note: Cross-platform progression requires an internet connection and for each platform you play on 1) a copy of the MLB The Show 22 game compatible with your console (other platform versions sold separately); and 2) platform network account linked to your MLB The Show account.
- Earn and use any earned content on whichever platform and generation you choose. Please note that Stubs bought on one game platform are not transferable to another.
But that’s not all. Be sure to check out how MLB The Show 22 is bringing new commentary and online co-op play to players everywhere!
We could not be more excited for MLB The Show 22 coming out today with Xbox Game Pass for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)! Check TheShow.com and follow the Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for the latest updates about MLB The Show 22.
For more detailed information on MLB The Show 22 including an important update on year to year saves and more please read our FAQ here.
MLB® The Show™ 22 Xbox One
MLB® The Show™ 22 Xbox Series X|S