Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2205CO\22000.4532.220418-2200
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – April 21, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 22, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Settings/Network Troubleshooter – Network
- A new feature allows customers to enable network quality of service (QoS) packet tagging for latency sensitive network traffic such as Party Chat and multiplayer for supported games. This new feature can be enabled under Network settings>Advanced settings.
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) tagging sets priority values on outbound Wi-Fi traffic from Xbox consoles. This traffic prioritization tagging is helpful for Xbox consoles connected over Wi-Fi to protect against latency impacts during times of network congestion on the wireless network.
- Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) tagging sets priority values on outbound wired and wireless traffic from Xbox consoles for both IPv4 and IPv6. This traffic prioritization tagging is helpful for consoles connected to network environments that support prioritizing latency sensitive traffic during times of congestion, such as routers with QoS functionality or internet service providers that support Low Latency DOCSIS (LLD).
- Note: We are aware of some older home router models that can experience issues transmitting traffic with WMM and/or DSCP tagging present. You may need to adjust QoS tagging settings on your console if you encounter connection issues once settings have been enabled.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Some users have reported that the Xbox button on the Razer Turret is not working to access the Guide.
- Workaround: Either the Windows key or even Windows key + X can be used instead of the Xbox Button to access the Guide.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported seeing a “flicker” when navigating/browsing the Store catalog.
- We’ve received reports that trailers are not playing on product pages.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!