- Regroup with Task Force 141 icons like Captain Price, Gaz, Ghost, and Soap in a new globe-trotting Campaign.
- Team up and compete for top placement in an immersive, world-class Multiplayer and new Special Ops mode.
- Preorder now for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Get the top-tier Vault Edition, the digital Cross-Gen Bundle, or a physical copy.
The sequel to 2019’s blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is almost here. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II will kick off a new era for the franchise when it releases worldwide on Friday, October 28 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Experience what made Task Force 141 become the iconic and legendary squad that it is as the action resumes following the narrative from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Developer Infinity Ward is going all out to create a new heart-pounding experience for players, with Task Force 141’s next global Campaign, an immersive, world-class Multiplayer and an evolved Special Ops experience. All carefully crafted with gameplay and technical innovations that will introduce Xbox fans to the new era of Call of Duty.
Let’s dive into the details.
Campaign and Special Ops
Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown, connections.
Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as the globe-trotting Campaign takes Xbox players across Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
This Campaign is set to be an incredible experience in several ways: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness, and more.
Deploying alongside you are iconic squadmates: Team leader Captain John Price; seasoned sergeant Kyle “Gaz” Garrick; fan-favorite Simon “Ghost” Riley; fearless Sergeant John “Soap” MacTavish; as well as the newest team member, Colonel Alejandro Vargas, an incorruptible Tier 1 Operator and member of the Mexican Special Forces.
After the Campaign, Xbox players can join with their friends in an evolved Special Ops. This tactical co-op mode advances your team-building skills, and also sets the table for the near-endless hours of gameplay available in the world-class Multiplayer.
Multiplayer: Next-Generation Innovations
Xbox players who drop into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Multiplayer at launch will be among the first to try out and level up the multiple base weapons, explore a wide range of maps and modes, meet an international cast of Operators, and more.
With new ways to play and numerous gameplay innovations, including a revamped Gunsmith that offers more customization than ever before, Modern Warfare II will be ready to welcome newcomers and fierce competitors alike on day one.
Xbox players should also look out for an incredible post-release calendar, set to include a massive amount of free post-launch content drops featuring new maps, modes, and blockbuster special events that can’t be missed.
Modern Warfare II — Technically Speaking
Modern Warfare II will be the most advanced Call of Duty to date, with a truly immersive experience with stunningly realistic sound, lighting, and graphics. Navigate more lifelike environments via the game’s enhanced rendering and photogrammetry technology.
The game also features a new advanced AI system. Enemies and friendlies alike across Campaign and Special Ops act tactically using combat and cover maneuvering techniques that would be second nature to a Tier 1 Operator.
Warzone in the Next Generation for Call of Duty
Development on an all-new, dynamic Warzone experience is also being led by Infinity Ward, along with Raven Software. The new, free-to-play battle royale Warzone also features the same technology powering Modern Warfare II, so both titles leverage the Call of Duty engine that first debuted with Modern Warfare (2019), providing the most seamless and advanced Call of Duty experiences ever.
Pre-orders Available Now
Starting October 28, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is scheduled for release on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. The new Warzone is scheduled for release later this year on the same platforms. Pre-order your copy of Modern Warfare II today at Xbox Store or via the in-game Franchise Store in Warzone, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, or Modern Warfare (2019).
All pre-order versions grant access to the full game at launch and to Open Beta Early Access. Now for details on the specific editions:
- Day One Operators: On Day One, Vault Edition owners will receive four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit. All of them are themed around the legendary mercenary Ghost, custom-made to get the job done.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault: Great teams need the right tools for the toughest missions, and the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault provides just that. We plan to share more details on the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault and the new Gunsmith closer to Modern Warfare II’s launch, so be on the lookout for more intel.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips: Following the launch of Modern Warfare II, Vault Edition holders will receive the Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips (or its equivalent) for free.
- Ghost Legacy Pack: Get the Ghost Legacy Pack featuring 20+ items for immediate use in Modern Warfare (2019) and Warzone. This pack contains a collection of previously released Modern Warfare Bundle content crafted to celebrate the Task Force 141 icon, including 12 Ghost Operator Skins and 10 Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprints.
- Double XP: Pre-order from the in-game Franchise Store in Warzone, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, or Modern Warfare (2019), and receive 10 hours of Double XP Tokens and 10 hours of Double Weapon XP Tokens for use in Modern Warfare II. Hit the ground running on launch day.
With the pre-order of the digital Cross-Gen Bundle, you’ll get access to the base game at launch, early access to the Open Beta, and other instant rewards to be revealed later. The Vault Edition and digital Cross-Gen Bundle give players access to Modern Warfare II on Xbox X|S and Xbox One.
Pre-order and Get Early Open Beta Access
Every digital pre-order of Modern Warfare II includes early access to the game’s Open Beta. Beta-specific dates and details will be revealed in the coming weeks. Pre-order now on the Xbox Store.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Vault Edition
Activision Publishing Inc.