- Deploy to Fortune’s Keep, a new Warzone Resurgence map featuring stunning vistas and undiscovered riches.
- Fight aboard the USS Texas 1945 Multiplayer map, and cycle through every weapon to secure victory in Blueprint Gun Game.
- Trudge through the swamps of Shi No Numa in the return of classic round-based play.
Enough is never enough. With the promise of newfound riches, our Tier 1 Operators have split off into mercenary factions with one goal in mind: Get rich or die trying.
Test your mettle in Mercenaries of Fortune, the fourth season of Call of Duty: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone, which brings a new Warzone map, new Multiplayer maps, new weapons, Gun Game, 100 Tiers of Battle Pass content, and the return of classic round-based Zombies in Shi No Numa.
Mercenaries of Fortune launches on Xbox on June 22. Here’s what’s coming.
Gear Up With the Battle Pass
Get equipped for the gold-hunting battles ahead with the Mercenaries of Fortune Battle Pass, featuring 100 Tiers of new content, including two new free weapons: the Marco 5 SMG and the UGM-8 LMG.
- Marco 5: This is the perfect SMG for aggressive players who stay on the move. Best when fired in close range from the hip, it’s also the first SMG in Vanguard to feature the Akimbo Proficiency. Now we’re really talking.
- UGM-8: The UGM-8 combines mobility with firepower for Operators to keep pace with their teammates while offering suppressive fire. Use Gunsmith to further lean the weapon toward power or speed and find the balance that works for you.
Purchase the Mercenaries of Fortune Battle Pass to get Task Force Immortal Operator Captain Butcher instantly at Tier 0. Appearing later in the Store are the other two Immortal Operators, Callum Hendry, and Ikenna Olowe.
Earn two more weapons – the Push Dagger and the Vargo-S Assault Rifle – by completing their in-game challenges or by purchasing their corresponding Store Bundles later in the season.
Fortune’s Keep, Caldera POI Updates, and More in Warzone
Fortune’s Keep is a mercenary hideout built atop an otherwise peaceful town with a rich history and it’s a completely original Resurgence map created by High Moon Studios. It’s roughly the same size as Rebirth Island and features four distinct points of interest:
- Town: Inspired by colorful Mediterranean villages, this seaside community is littered with cobblestone alleyways and flat rooftops to traverse. An old fortress sits in the town’s center, inviting Operators in for intense combat with its bell tower that commands this section of the map.
- Smuggler’s Cove: True to its name, Smuggler’s Cove is loaded with supplies, including Gas Masks that can be helpful in case of a circle collapse. Be prepared to explore the twisting Sea Caves, Grottos with sunlight shining in from above, a small collection of fishing huts, and a lighthouse.
- Keep: The island’s namesake, the Keep is a medieval fortress converted into a mercenary headquarters and hideout. Walk on the ramparts and take to the watchtowers to defend the area from invaders, but know that they can also easily fly over the walls using nearby Redeploy Balloons or sneak into the area using the island’s tunnel system.
- Winery: A laidback complex inspired by traditional three-lane maps, the Winery provides plenty of scavenging opportunities. Head to the Cellar to stock up on supplies, or travel over to the nearby Camp that contains a helipad and multiple military tents.
Prepare for new challenges, too. Fortune’s Keep adds the Black Market Run Contract, offering the chance to purchase off-market gear like the Sequencer Grenade and the Nebula V Minigun. Track down mercenary groups in Cash Extraction and take their bags of gold before they can offload them from the island.
Storage Town Comes to Caldera: Originally in Verdansk, Storage Town comes to Caldera and is located between the Mines, Airfield, Village, and Dig Site. Search the sprawling complex for Contracts and items and use its newfound verticality to quickly traverse the map. Expect over a dozen other Point of Interest changes across Caldera, partially due to new mercenary camps cropping up. Maybe they’re searching for the rumored Mercenary Vaults?
Armored SUV (In-Season): Hop into the new Armored SUV when you need to travel through enemy-occupied territory. This vehicle features a mounted driver’s weapon, a dedicated rooftop turret seat, the ability to drop proximity mines, and a Nitro Boost for rapid acceleration.
ATMs: Hit up ATMs in Plunder game modes to acquire bags of gold that periodically spawn nearby. Gold will spawn up to a maximum amount.
EMP Grenade: Disable vehicles and disrupt enemy players and AI using the EMP Grenade, a nonlethal tool that creates a short-lived area of effect when it explodes. Affected players are stripped of their HUD information, while vehicles are momentarily powered down.
Multiplayer Brings New Maps, Gun Game
USS Texas 1945 (Launch): A reimagining of the USS Texas map from Call of Duty: WWII, USS Texas 1945 challenges Operators to fight it out on an offshore battleship. The map is designed for tense long-range engagements on starboard and port and offers plenty of close-quarters action amid its many confined interior locations. Set up on a power point and do your worst.
Desolation (In-Season): Deploy to a Pacific listening post in this small-to-medium-sized map set in a dense village littered with destruction. Large mountains and a vast landscape engulf the environment as you battle around the central building and along its creekside fortifications.
The Return of Gun Game: Gun Game makes its Vanguard debut this season as Blueprint Gun Game, a new variant utilizing various Weapon Blueprints. Be the first Operator to progress through all 18 weapons to win the match. Eliminate an enemy to cycle to the next weapon. Melee an enemy to set them back one weapon and get the final Throwing Knife elimination to secure victory. No Perks, Killstreaks, or custom Loadouts allowed.
Mercenaries of Fortune also brings a fresh season of Ranked Play. Climb the ladder as you battle other competitors and earn new seasonal rewards along the way.
Experience Classic Round-Based Zombies in Shi No Numa
Following its original release in Call of Duty: World at War, the Zombies map Shi No Numa returns in the first classic round-based experience for Vanguard. Team up and survive the swamps in this updated version, featuring new quests, a Wonder Weapon, fresh intel, and more. Experience the map through Vanguard’s unique features like the Altar of Covenants and the Tome of Rituals.
Mercenaries of Fortune Arrives June 22
Prepare for all this and more, including the Mercenaries of Fortune event, the Golden Plunder limited-time mode, plus the midseason arrival of two very special action icons, when the new season arrives on June 22 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Rise on every front.
Call of Duty®: Warzone™
Activision Publishing Inc.
Call of Duty®: Vanguard – Standard Edition
Activision Publishing Inc.