Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2208NI\22621.1750.220725-2200
- Available: 3 p.m. PT – July 28, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – July 29, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- A new version of the controller firmware is available to Delta users starting today! This firmware includes the following fixes/improvements:
- Functionality with third-party joysticks used with the Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Wireless and PC Bluetooth disconnections
- Bluetooth latency when connected to a Windows PC
Today’s update enables a highly requested feature – the ability to chat in Discord Voice on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S! While you are playing on your console, you will be able to see who is in the call and speaking. You’ll also be able to adjust the sound, and switch between Discord Voice and Xbox game chat. To learn more, check the blog post here.
- How to Participate
- Get the latest versions of the Discord mobile app and Xbox mobile app.
- Note: On Android, you will need to download the Discord beta app. If you are on a Samsung Galaxy phone, you must install the Discord Beta from the Google Play store and not the Galaxy Store. You can do this ahead of time, or the steps will prompt you to do so.
- On your Xbox, open the Guide and go to the “Parties & chats” tab.
- Click on the “Try Discord Voice on Xbox!” button and use your phone to scan the QR code. This will signal to Discord that you are an Xbox Insider!
- Follow the instructions in the Discord mobile app to link your accounts (you will need to do so even if you have previously linked Xbox and Discord).
- Follow the prompts in the Discord mobile app to join a call and transfer audio to your console!
Note: Discord voice is unable to be included when live streaming via Twitch on the console. Xbox accounts cannot be linked to Discord if their owner is < 13 years old.
We’re really excited for you to try this feature! Be sure to give us your feedback in the Xbox Insiders subreddit, and if you encounter any issues, please use “Report a problem” by holding down the Guide button. Please categorize the bug with Guide > Discord. Thanks and happy chatting!
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
Report a Problem
- Fixed an issue where users would be unable to submit feedback.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Xbox accounts cannot be linked to Discord if their owner is < 13 years old
- You must scan the QR code (in step 3 of the setup) with your mobile device to trigger the proper Discord code. This step is required for this testing phase but will not be required at general release.
- When using the Discord Mobile app on iOS, having your default browser set to anything other than Safari may prevent you from linking your account correctly.
- Workaround: Ensure that the default browser on your iOS device is set to Safari and then try again.
- We are aware of an issue where your Discord call may have issues if connected too quickly after leaving an Xbox Party Chat. We are working on a fix.
- Workaround: Wait at least 60 seconds after leaving an Xbox Party Chat before you connect a Discord call/channel to your console.
- Some users may encounter an issue where games fail to launch after using some streaming apps. If you experience this, please use Report a Problem to submit feedback.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and games should launch normally.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- We are investigating reports of poor performance when navigating the dashboard.
- Note: If you experience this, please submit feedback by using Reporting a Problem and include details regarding the steps you took before the issue and the exact behavior you’re experiencing.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!