- Play the full Modern Warfare II Campaign up to one week before the launch of the game just for digitally preordering.
- All preorders get early access to the Modern Warfare II Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Multiplayer Beta starting September 22.
- Tune in to the Call of Duty: Next event on September 15 for a massive intel drop on the immediate future of Call of Duty.
Can’t decide which game mode to start with? Make it an easy decision by digitally preordering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on Xbox, granting access to the single-player, globe-trotting Campaign up to one week prior to the release of the game on October 28.
Read on for more details along with other preorder incentives, Multiplayer Beta dates, and a look ahead at the Call of Duty: Next event showcasing the immediate future of the franchise.
Face Task Force 141’s Greatest Threat Yet
Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep connections. The Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness.
With early Campaign access, you’ll be fully prepared and ready to go when the game’s Multiplayer options open up at game launch.
Modern Warfare II Preorder Benefits
In addition to gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Campaign, digital preorders also grant in-game content to be used immediately within Call of Duty: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone. You’ll also get Beta Early Access and in-game content available at Modern Warfare II launch.
Modern Warfare II Preorder Rewards
- Up to one-week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign.
- Access to the full game on October 28.
- Open Beta Early Access starting September 22
- Final Judgement Bundle: Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
Modern Warfare II Vault Edition Preorder Rewards
You get all previously listed rewards, plus:
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault: At Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be playable during the Open Beta.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips: If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack: 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-order.
Get Early Access to the Multiplayer Beta
Your preorder provides early access to the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free on Xbox for one full weekend. Early Beta access is granted to those with either digital or retail preorders.
Multiplayer Beta Dates
Xbox Early Access: Those who preordered the game for Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. Xbox Live Gold subscription is required for Xbox players.
Xbox Open Beta: For the rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT, the Beta is accessible to Xbox players regardless of preorder status and Xbox Live Gold subscription will not be required. Crossplay will be enabled, meaning you can play with the greater community no matter what hardware they use and can unlock rewards together, available in-game at launch.
More Intel On the Way at Call of Duty: Next
Discover the immediate future of Call of Duty by tuning into the Call of Duty: Next event going live on September 15, 2022. Expect many more details regarding Modern Warfare II and information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone. Experience a multihour event featuring a full Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal, a multitude of your favorite streamers playing the games in real time, and a whole lot more.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Vault Edition
Activision Publishing Inc.