Hey Xbox Insiders! Here are the preview release details for the PC apps that are currently available from the Windows Gaming flight. Joining this flight provides you with early access versions of the Xbox App, Gaming Services and Game Bar.
You can check which version of the Windows Gaming Service you have via the Xbox app (Settings > About). This build contains several fixes which are noted below.
We will continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to the app.
New versions of Windows Gaming prerelease products
- Gaming Services version released: 8.70.28001.0
- Available: 12:00 p.m. PT – November 3rd, 2022
Current Versions of Windows Gaming prerelease products:
- Xbox App version released: 2211.1001.5.0
- Available: 5:00 p.m. PT – October 28th, 2022
- Game Bar version released: 5.822.91610
- Available: 10:00 a.m. PT – September 16th, 2022
- Improvements to Installer service that addresses certain scenarios with the Minecraft Launcher where redundant calls were being made and could impact PC performance.
- Telemetry changes made to improve how we monitor and log install failures, as well as differentiating between user and system cancellations.
- Under the hood changes to gracefully halt the install queue when Gaming Services are shut down.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
Don’t forget! If you encounter any issues, you can leave feedback by navigating to the feedback option on your profile menu.
You can find more information on known issues and troubleshooting steps, as well as interact with the community, on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can!
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information!
Thank you to everyone who participates in the Xbox Insider Program! Your feedback helps us continue to build a great gaming experience in the Xbox app on PC.