Hello there young Inkulinati Master in training. Now that Inkulinati is available in Game Preview on Xbox, PC and with Game Pass, I see that you are keen to learn the nuances that can give you the edge in battle, . Very well, I like that attitude. In that case, listen. A true Inkulinati Master knows how to use its strengths and exploit their enemy’s weaknesses. And the true strength lies in the mind! (and also the quill, but that doesn’t fit the emotions I’m building here so let’s just carry on). Winning a battle requires planning every move, reading your opponent’s strategy, analysing the Battlefield, and choosing the right action at the right time. Combining all these elements is certainly not easy, but with these few tips that are straight from the Inkulinati Academy, you will have a head start in become the greatest Inkulinati Master of all time.
Without further ado, let’s get straight into our seven tips to be a better Inkulinati Master!
- Before starting the battle, gather your army wisely. Pay attention to the type of battle that is ahead. If you are facing a beast battle (a battle against beasts without a Tiny Inkulinati Master that leads them), choose your strongest beasts, regardless of their cost. Reason being – you won’t have to draw them! You will start the battle with the five beasts that you chose.
Also pay attention to who you will be fighting against and learn about the special abilities of the beasts you will have to face. Think about which of your beasts will be the best to counter these opponents. Make sure you also look at what the battlefield itself will look like. Maybe ranged units will do a better job? Or close contact is the way to go? Take your time and strategise before you start the battle!
- Watch enemy beasts’ movement ranges, especially the green range, i.e., the Action Range. Hover over any beast to view their Movement and Action Range. Are you in the range of the attack of the enemy’s beast? If so, perhaps using the “Move” Hand Actions to change your or your opponent’s position might be the best next move to do.
- Use elements on the battlefields. Thanks to them you can protect yourself from the archer, block the attack of a swordsman, wake up your allies, or deal additional damage to the enemy. Explosive Obstacles (like Pots of Beans) can damage up to four beasts at once! And pushing the beast into the enemy Gate will sometimes do more damage than your attack… especially when the beast has a Bonfire on the way. So use the battlefield to your advantage!
- Watch out for boredom during your Journey. Because winning in style is so much more fun. During a battle, try to draw only as many beasts as you really need to win. Just because you can afford to draw another beast doesn’t always mean you have to! This way you will probably win the battle even faster, and at the same time, you won’t raise the price of the drawn beast unnecessarily.
- Eliminate the Donkey! Some beasts, such as Donkey the Bard, can force a few of your units to take a Nap at once. Try not to concentrate all of your beasts in one place, otherwise they will all be forced to take a Nap. If the donkey gets in your way, eliminate it or run away from the sound of its pipes!
- It’s not about the army – it’s about the Master. Remember, you are here to defeat the opposing Inkulinati Master, not their whole army! Those beasts are just pawns in the Inkulinati Master’s hands. Sure, eliminate them when you must to protect your Tiny Inkulinati, but the target is the opposing Tiny Inkulinati. Of course, this tip applies when you are facing other Inkuliati Masters. If it’s a Wild Encounter against beasts without a Master, please disregard this tip. It’s essential that you disregard this tip.
- Don’t forget the Push movement! Sometimes instead of attacking with your weapons, a simple push will do a better job. You see those edges of the battliefield? Beyond them lies the dreaded nothing. If you push a beast or a Tiny Inkulinati Master of the edge, they will die in an instant. Use those edges wisely.
Keep those tips in mind when you travel across the lands, young Inkulinati Master. Refer to them, and perhaps even use them in a dramatic scene where it’s you facing against all odds and you’re thinking “what should I do next??”. And then it is I, who appears in your head, and I calmly say “Push, young Inkulinati Master. Push!”. I am certain that in no time you will be the envy of all Inkulinati Masters across the lands.
If you want to receive more Inkulinati tips, find other Inkulinati players, and provide your feedback, join our official Inkulinati Discord server. You can be an Inkulinati Master right now by playing Inkulinati on Xbox Series X|S, on Xbox One, and with Game Pass.
Speak to you soon,
The Inkulinati Academy, on behalf of Yaza Games Team
Inkulinati (Game Preview)