Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2305NI\22621.4422.230413-2200
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – April 18, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 19, 2023
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
The manage page now shows the total number of captures on the service in addition to the number selected. Choosing “Select all” and then performing a group action such as “delete” or “copy to external storage” will now include all captures on Xbox services instead of just the first set of captures that have been loaded for display.
When chatting in Discord Voice on your Xbox, you can now see the Gamertags of other Discord users who have linked Xbox accounts. This will make it easier to add each other as Xbox friends and send each other Xbox game invites.
- Note: Your Gamertag will only be visible to other Discord users if your Discord settings allow it. To view or change this setting, open the Discord app, and go to User Settings > Connections > Xbox > “Display on profile”. Setting this to “on” will show your Gamertag to other Discord users. Setting it to “off” will hide your Gamertag.
Language & Location – Input
You can now choose specific keyboard layouts for physical Japanese, Chinese, and Korean keyboards. For example, you can choose between the 106/109 keyboard layouts for Japanese or the 101/102 English keyboard layout.
Beginning today, rewards are easier to find! A random subset of users will see Game Pass quests in your profile are moving from the Gaming tab to its own Rewards tab. You can also jump to them quickly by pressing the Xbox button to open the guide, choose Profile & system, select your profile, then choose My rewards.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue installing or launching some titles with error 0x87e1000c.
Parties & Chats
- Fixes to address an unexpected semi-transparent background that would appear above the virtual keyboard in some situations.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option.
- Select the category “Console experiences” then “Console Audio Output Issues” and include the following information:
- When did the issue start? After a console update, reboot, resume, etc.
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup look like? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- We are investigating an issue where games and apps installed on an external drive may not display game art correctly.
- We are aware that Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge is repeatedly prompting an update, even after doing so. While we investigate, you can safely ignore the update; there is no need to manually keep trying to update it.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!