Today’s launch of Xbox One signals the beginning of a new era for gaming and interactive entertainment. Boasting the deepest and most varied launch lineup in Xbox history, the new games and exclusive titles look and feel like nothing else, tapping the incredible power of new hardware and the cloud, as well as advanced software tools and exclusive features such as Xbox Live, Kinect and Xbox One SmartGlass that will bring an entirely new world of gaming to life.
The award-winning launch lineup of games on Xbox One features 22 titles from some of the world’s most respected developers, as well as 10 exclusive games you won’t find anywhere else. Whether it’s experiencing the vivid realism of the racetrack to the visceral brutality of ancient Rome, from the zombie apocalypse to a wildlife utopia, the lineup of Xbox One exclusives launching toay offers new immersive worlds for every kind of gamer to explore:
- “Forza Motorsport 5” is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world’s greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing.
- “Ryse: Son of Rome” is an immersive action-adventure story of struggle, brutality and heroism, following a fearless Roman soldier named Marius Titus as he seeks to avenge the death of his family and save the Roman Empire. “Ryse: Son of Rome” presents a cinematic recreation of the ancient Roman Empire and its people, conflicts and landscapes, in breathtaking detail that represents the graphical benchmark for the new platform generation.
- “Dead Rising 3” delivers a blockbuster open-world action experience that will define a new generation of zombie-slaying mayhem. Featuring intense action, incredible weapon and character customization, and immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration, “Dead Rising 3” delivers a heart-pounding experience unlike any other as players fight for survival in a massive, open world teeming with the undead.
- “Zoo Tycoon” is back and fully reimagined for Xbox One. The wildly popular franchise cranks up the challenge and fun of building the ultimate zoo and allows players to seamlessly switch between controller and Kinect play to interact with ultrarealistic animals. Supported with next-generation technology, the Xbox One version will have greater visual fidelity, larger zoos, more animals, Game DVR capability, Skype chat and four-person multiplayer over Xbox Live.*
- “Kinect Sports Rivals” Preseason is a free trial experience of “Kinect Sports Rivals” wake racing, available for download on launch day. Monthly challenges and exclusive in-game rewards let players get ahead of the competition before the full game launches in spring 2014. The all-new, re-engineered Kinect in Xbox One puts you in the game like never before, tracks your movements and expressions with incredible accuracy, and offers never-ending competition with your friends.
New digital games on Xbox One also feature next-generation graphics and entertainment:
- “Killer Instinct” brings the classic fighting action and popular characters of the original franchise exclusively to Xbox One. With its enhanced combat system, players will enjoy intense gameplay and stunning next-generation graphics.
- “Crimson Dragon” is a high-flying, rail-shooting combat game that takes place on a recently colonized planet populated by dragons. Use the power of Kinect to dodge enemies and communicate with your partner dragon.
- “LocoCycle” allows you to try your skills in an immersive combat racing game that takes you on a thrilling ride with I.R.I.S., a weaponized motorcycle, as she drags her mechanic, Pablo, through highways, canyons and waterways while battling Big Arms and the deadly counter-assault motorcycle, S.P.I.K.E.
- “Powerstar Golf” is a fun, animated sports game that lets you challenge one of six unique characters with special golfing abilities. With the power of the cloud, you can set course records and play against your friends’ best scores in Rival Mode while they sleep.
In addition to the blockbuster titles created by Microsoft Studios, Xbox One will be home to the world’s best games. Fan favorites including “Call of Duty®: Ghosts,” “Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag,” “FIFA 14,” Madden NFL 25” and “Battlefield 4” will all be available on Xbox One at launch.
Highly anticipated exclusives including “Titanfall,” “Sunset Overdrive” and “Quantum Break” guarantee a rich pipeline of new games to look forward to after launch, as well as multiplatform games including “Final Fantasy XV,” “Kingdom Hearts III” and “Watch Dogs.” Xbox One will also be the first place to get new map packs and other add-ons, with early exclusivity on downloadable content for “Call of Duty®: Ghosts,” “FIFA 14,” “Battlefield 4” and more. The games portfolio will only continue to grow with [email protected], with many independent developers already on board to deliver innovative experiences in the coming months.
Here is the full list of Xbox One games available Friday:
- “Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag” (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- “Battlefield 4” (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- “Call of Duty®: Ghosts” (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- “Crimson Dragon” (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- “Dead Rising 3” (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- “FIFA 14” (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- “Fighter Within” (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- “Forza Motorsport 5” (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- “Just Dance 2014” (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- “Killer Instinct” (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- “LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes” (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- “LocoCycle” (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- “Madden NFL 25” (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- “NBA® 2K14” (Visual Concepts, 2K)
- “NBA LIVE 14” (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- “Need for Speed Rivals” (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- “Powerstar Golf ” (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- “Ryse: Son of Rome” (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- “Skylanders SWAP Force” (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- “Xbox Fitness” (Microsoft Studios)
- “Zoo Tycoon” (Frontier Developments Microsoft Studios)
- “Zumba Fitness World Party” (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
As you can see, there’s something here for everyone, so we’re looking forward to seeing you on Xbox One starting today.