The Xbox Live community is filled with passionate gamers who are constantly putting on great events for their fellow fans. From livestreams to tournaments, there’s always something happening and always someone new and interesting to meet.
To help you, our fans, discover all that’s going on and get more involved, we are introducing a new Xbox One feature called the Community Calendar app. Preview members have been testing the Community Calendar since October and we’ve seen a great response. We’re excited to roll the feature out to the Xbox Live community.
The Community Calendar provides a destination to help you easily discover hundreds of upcoming events, get involved and meet other gamers, game-creators, and even some of us here at Xbox. The Community Calendar also introduces new programming, as well as brings back some old favorites.
Here’s an overview of some of the events found in your new Community Calendar:
- Community Spotlights: Meet your community managers and fans who are doing cool things in the community.
- Game with Fames: Tune in to the stream for your chance to play with celebrities and industry leaders. Join in and play, chat and ask questions, or just watch the fun unfold.
- Gatherings: Streams hosted by the community, for the community. Xbox Ambassadors and community managers put on Gatherings for you to learn game strategies, meet new players and talk about the latest news.
- Livestreams: Tune in to see community managers and guests showcase awesome games.
- Tournaments: Find major eSports events and broadcasts to watch.
- Game Launches: Now you can see the launch dates of games coming to Xbox One, all in one place.
- Free Stuff: You’re a part of the Xbox community, and we love having you here, so have some free stuff. Here you’ll find Free Movie Weekends, Games with Gold and Free to Play games.
- Challenges & Contests: Cool stuff for you to earn or enter to win.
Our fans are the heart and soul of the Xbox community, and we’re excited for you to try out this new feature so you can get even more involved. Our teams will be adding more and more events over time, so check back often and be sure to give us feedback on what you’d like to see more or less of.
The Community Calendar is available today in select* markets and will be rolled out more broadly in the coming weeks and months.
Thanks, and I’ll see you on Xbox Live (Gamertag: MJinWA)!
*The Community Calendar app is currently available in the following regions: Australia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States.