Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving a new 1811 Xbox One system update (181104-1920). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1811 system update.
- Children signing up for new accounts will now be asked to add a parent only if required to by local privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR or COPPA). This means that some minors, like teens in the U.S., will no longer have to add a parent and join a Microsoft family during signup. Xbox privacy and online safety defaults will still be applied based on age, and in order to change those, the minor would need to add a parent on Xbox who can then change their settings. Minors not in a family can add a parent anytime in Settings > Account > Family settings > Add a parent. Joining a family would also allow the parent and child to use other family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending.
- Children that are subject to local privacy regulations will still be required to add a parent during signup. While this will create a Microsoft family through which the parent can use family features like content restrictions, screen time, activity reporting, and spending, the parent will no longer be required to sign in on Xbox. If a parent wants to change their child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings, the parent can sign in separately on Xbox and manage their family in Settings > Account > Family settings.
- Existing child accounts are not affected by this change and will remain with their parents in their current Microsoft family.
Mouse & Keyboard Support
- We have enabled mouse support in this release. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to experience mouse and keyboard support in Warframe.
- The search function has been enhanced across the console and will now return responses from the Xbox Assist application for example to help with help, support and troubleshooting. Please check out the Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to help us gather feedback.
- Additional fixes to improve the stability of Audio so users would encounter no audio is games.
- Fixes to enable Club owners who want to name their club channels with any non-alphanumeric characters (including Asian characters) are able to do so.
- Users are now able to Select the Show in my feed option or update the list of games to show in the feeds.
- We have fixed the state of the “Show/hide in my feed” button for the Main feed.
- Users are now able to manages games in Activity Feed with latest update
- Fixes to improve the connectivity of controllers to the console.
System – General
- Fixes in Guide to correctly show what music is playing when apps such as Spotify are running.
- Stability fixes to the platform.
- We are tracking audio issues in which some games have audio that cuts in and out.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.