- The release of Halo: Reach in MCC on both PC and Xbox One on December 3 was a monumental launch for the Halo franchise.
- Fans viewed nearly 3 million hours of Halo streams during launch week.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now available on PC via Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store and Steam, and Xbox One.
The long-awaited debut of Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) on PC was worth the wait, thanks to the amazing Halo community as well as a host of all-new players experiencing the Halo universe for the very first time. The release of Halo: Reach in MCC on both PC and Xbox One on December 3 led to a monumental launch for the Halo franchise, with record numbers including:
- Nearly 3 million players of MCC on PC and Xbox One during launch week
- #1 top-selling game on Steam during launch week and the highest-ranking debut for an Xbox Game Studios title on Steam
- #1 most-watched game on Twitch during launch day
When fans haven’t been playing MCC, they’ve been watching, viewing nearly 3 million hours of Halo streams during launch week, pushing MCC into the #1 most-watched position on Twitch during launch day.
PC players and media have taken notice of Halo’s return on PC, with MCC rated “Very Positive” across more than 35k Steam Customer Reviews and The Washington Post proclaiming MCC on PC as, “the best deal in gaming.”
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now available on PC via Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store and Steam, as well as Xbox One:
- Xbox Game Pass – Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) and get Halo: Reach, the first chapter in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, today. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 are also included in your membership and will be available on each game’s respective release date, completing the collection in 2020.
- Microsoft Store and Steam – The Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle is available for $39.99 USD, which will include Halo: Reach and will automatically update with the remaining titles as they launch next year. Halo: Reach and the remaining titles within Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC can also be purchased individually for $9.99 USD, except for Halo 3: ODST Campaign which can be purchased for $4.99 USD.
- Xbox One – For existing owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One, the Halo: Reach Campaign, along with Firefight mode, is now available as a premium add-on for $9.99 USD. The multiplayer components of Halo: Reach – including PVP modes, Forge, and Theater – are automatically included as part of the base content offering of Halo: The Master Chief Collection at no additional cost via a game update. If you’re new to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One, you can obtain the entire updated and improved collection with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or with Xbox Game Pass for console, or purchase through the Microsoft Store for $39.99.
Stay tuned for more Halo: The Master Chief Collection news coming in early 2020!