We’re releasing a new update (1802.180121-1921) to Preview Alpha that addresses and adds one of the items (Game Pass in Collection) we listed in yesterday’s release notes. This update also includes fixes to Kinect setup and Network Transfer. Read on to learn more about this update, which will be made available starting at 6 p.m. PT to all Alpha Insiders.
My Games and Apps Collection – Game Pass (No, we really mean this today! We experienced an error that resulted in it not appearing yesterday.)
- We have enabled a new feature to show an “Xbox Game Pass” tab within “My games & apps” for users on Preview Alpha with an active Game Pass subscription. If someone has an active Game Pass subscription, they will see this tab appear in “My games & apps” and will be able to quickly install available games from Game Pass. It works just like “Ready to install” but for Game Pass. For users in Preview Alpha who do not have Game Pass, they will see the updated left navigation—section dividers added and Memberships tab has moved.
System Setup – Kinect
- When configuring a Kinect during the initial console set-up experience, the process no longer fails when attempting to tune audio.
- The network transfer no longer fails when initiated from a console on 1802 (this update).
- Some users are seeing a new issue that can cause the incorrect Profile color to display after powering on the console.
- You may notice strange characters which replace normal translated text on the dashboard, Guide, and other areas. Please use Report a problem when you encounter these issues.
- Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
- We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.