On behalf of the Bit Dragon team, I am thrilled to announce that Hyper Jam has launched on Xbox One and is available for purchase right now on the Microsoft Store! For those of you who don’t know, Hyper Jam is a fast-paced arena brawler featuring a killer synthwave soundtrack and a dynamic perk drafting system that makes each match different from the last.
To celebrate the release, here are some of our top tips and tricks to give you the edge on your opponents and make sure you are enjoying everything the game has to offer:
- Charging a rocket launcher will make the rocket home-in on its target. You can use this to shoot around obstacles and catch opponents by surprise!
- If you parry just as a projectile is about to hit you, you will deflect it sending it in the opposite direction, and even get the credit if it hits someone as a result!
- There are lots of different perk combinations to try, so make sure to experiment and find a good match for your playstyle!
- Throwing your weapon is a great way to escape an opponent who is getting too close for comfort, or to finish someone off!
- You can customize game rules such as the available weapons, perks, score limit and more by selecting ‘change game rules’ in the top right corner of the arena select screen!
- If your opponent throws a weapon at you, you can either parry it back at them, or catch it to turn the tables on them. You can even catch your own thrown weapon if you dash after it!
- You can taunt your opponent’s using the d-pad, but you will be vulnerable while doing so be careful!
- By creating a profile in the character select screen, you can configure your nickname, skins, taunts and controls.
- You can shoot rockets out of the air, and if someone gets hit by the resultant explosion you will get the credit for it!
- Sometimes it can be better to bait your opponent into trying a parry, then punish the recovery instead of going for an immediate attack.