Xbox’s family is expanding! We’re super excited to share that we’re enabling more chances for users to link their Xbox Live accounts to other gaming-relevant social networks. Now users can link Reddit to their Xbox Live profile.
In a cross-play world, showcasing and linking your different accounts across networks is increasingly important. And you can engage and connect with your Xbox Live friends wherever they are!
Linking Your Account to Reddit
Linking your Xbox Live account to Reddit also makes you an official subscriber to the r/XboxInsiders community subreddit. The Xbox Insider subreddit is the best place to go for community discussion, support from the community and official Xbox Insider staff, and major program announcements!
So, what does Reddit linking look like?
When you link your Reddit and Xbox Live accounts, you earn a cool new trophy for your Reddit profile! You can also display your Reddit account on your profile and profile card on Xbox (currently available on Game Bar and the Xbox [Beta] app).
Are there any requirements?
Before you get started, there are some requirements for using Windows 10’s Game Bar and Xbox (Beta) app on PC:
- Get the latest Windows 10 update for your PC
- Download the latest version of the Xbox (Beta) app or take any existing updates
- Check out more info about Game Bar for Windows 10 here
Where else can I link my Xbox Live account?
Through social linking, we’ve enabled new features that make it easy to share where you are and find your friends online:
- Identity: Display linked social networks in Xbox profiles and profile cards (available on Game Bar and the Xbox [Beta] PC app)
- Friend-Finding: Find and follow existing friends in other social networks, currently with Facebook and Steam (available on FB on console, Steam and FB on Game Bar and the Xbox [Beta] PC app)
- Presence-Sharing: Share your Xbox One presence to Discord profiles/servers (available on Xbox One console, Game Bar and the Xbox [Beta] PC app)
But that’s not all! Read on for more information about account linking below:
- Twitter: Linking your Xbox Live account to Twitter on Xbox One allows users to share screenshots and videos to Twitter. On PC, you can also display your Twitter account on your Xbox Live profile + profile card
- Facebook: Linking to Facebook allows you to find Facebook friends who have also linked their Xbox Live accounts
- Discord: Linking to Discord allows users to share their Xbox One Presence information. (A user’s Presence shows what games they are playing on Xbox One – console only.) And this will display their Discord account on their Xbox Live profile + profile card
- Twitch: Linking to Twitch on PC (Game Bar and Xbox [Beta] app) allows users to display their Twitch channel on their Xbox Live profile + profile card
- Steam: Linking to Steam on PC (Game Bar and Xbox [Beta] app) allows users to display their Steam profile on their Xbox Live profile + player card, and find their Steam friends who have also linked their accounts
As always, thank you for your participation as an Xbox Insider! We can’t wait to see you in the subreddit.
For more information on the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter at @XboxInsider and this blog for release notes, announcements and more.