We heard from fans that they wanted more customization options and durability from their Xbox controller. After months of research and testing in our labs to ensure the highest level of quality, as well as conversations with competitive-level gamers in their homes, we’re excited to introduce the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller launching in October 2015. Built to meet the demands of our most dedicated and aspirational gamers, the new controller features professional-level customization to give fans game-changing accuracy and faster speed as well as extremely durable and comfortable construction.
The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller was built from the ground up to meet the rigorous demands of hardcore, competitive-level gamers on Xbox One and Windows 10. Whether you’re playing a first person shooter like Halo 5: Guardians, a platform adventure game like Ori and the Blind Forest, or Fable Legends on Windows 10, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller gives you the option to adjust unique elements of the controller for better control, precision and comfort. Here are some of the innovative features that we added:
- Fully customizable features. The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller comes packed with six thumbsticks of different shapes, sizes and heights, allowing you to discover configurations that can improve accuracy, speed and reach. Additionally there are two D-pad options—the new faceted D-pad enables more confident combo execution, while the traditional D-pad provides precise control to change weapons or call in a strike. We are working with our accessories partners to expand customization options even further and look forward to sharing more in the future.
- Interchangeable paddles. The controller has four slots on the back for interchangeable paddles, allowing you to assign any of 14 different inputs to the paddles so you don’t have to take your thumbs off the thumbsticks to execute intricate jump, aim, and shoot combinations. Easily attach one or all of the paddles (no tools required), and configure the controller to what’s best for your gaming needs.
- Further customization with the Xbox Accessories app. Available on Xbox One and Windows 10, the Xbox Accessories app will allow you to adjust button assignments, trigger min/max values, thumbstick sensitivities, and more. Assign any of 14 inputs to the ABXY buttons, paddles, D-pad, triggers and thumbstick clicks, so the controls are exactly the way you want them. Additionally, create up to 255 controller profiles in the app and have tailored settings for any game. You can load two profiles directly on the controller and instantly change between them with the built-in Profile Switch.
- Hair Trigger Locks. With the flip of a switch, new Hair Trigger Locks allow you to fire quicker and save valuable time with each trigger pull. Hair Trigger Locks stop the trigger movement after the shot so you’re ready for the next one. Simply flip the switch again to get back to full-range trigger motion.
- High-performance construction. Built to withstand hours of intense gameplay, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller uses stainless steel for the thumbstick shafts, D-pads, and paddles as well as low-friction, reinforced rings around each thumbstick to minimize normal wear and tear and ensure a smooth rotation. The thumbstick and surrounding material are so durable that our testing results showed no detectable thumbstick wear even after 1 million thumbstick rotation cycles. The controller was also designed with comfort in mind. An enhanced rubberized diamond grip gives the controller a more substantial feel while providing more stability, allowing you to hold the controller with less effort. A soft-touch finish on the top case provides a luxurious feel and nonslip control.
We built the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller with professional-level and aspirational gamers in mind to ensure the controller is customizable to the way you want to play. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller later this year so they can see firsthand how its game-changing design will help them play to their full potential.